What is search.handycafe.com?
search.handycafe.com is another browser hijacker that enters computers in software bundles. Once it is inside the system, it changes the settings of all the browsers immediately. Specialists have noticed that it changes the homepage and search engine on all the browsers. Even though search.handycafe.com does not seem to be very harmful, it cannot be compared to such trustworthy search engines as Bing or Google.
Some specialists even claim that its presence might result in the entrance of all kinds of infections. We do not say that search.handycafe.com is very harmful, but, surely, you need to be careful with it because it might put your PC in danger. If you want to be sure that this questionable search engine cannot cause harm to your computer, you need to remove search.handycafe.com right now. If you know nothing about the deletion of browser hijackers, we suggest that you read this article carefully. You will find out why you need to get rid of this computer infection too.
What does search.handycafe.com do?
search.handycafe.com acts like a typical browser hijacker. It enters computers without permission and then it changes the settings of all the browsers. search.handycafe.com does not seem to be a bad search engine at first glance; however, it has been found that it presents users with the sponsored content. In other words, you will see advertisements that are not associated with the search query. First of all, this means that you will need more time to find the information on the web. Secondly, there is a possibility that you will be taken to an untrustworthy website one day because advertisements promote third-party websites mainly. Yes, these ads appear among the search results for advertising purposes. If you want to be sure that you are safe, you should uninstall search.handycafe.com from your computer right now. You should also delete search.handycafe.com from your PC if you do not want to reveal any information about yourself because it is known that this search engine gathers information about users to be able to present them with relevant advertisements too.
How did search.handycafe.com browser hijacker enter my computer?
search.handycafe.com usually travels inside software bundles together with such free applications as PDF converters, video players, etc. Users who infect their systems with search.handycafe.com usually download these software bundles from untrustworthy P2P websites. Have you recently installed some kind of free application too? If so, it is not surprising that you have allowed this browser hijacker to enter the computer. You should be more careful with free software the next time if you do not want unauthorized changes to be applied to all your browsers.
How can I delete search.handycafe.com?
You need to remove search.handycafe.com as soon as possible if you do not want to get exposed to threats. There are two ways to complete the search.handycafe.com removal. You can either get rid of it manually or automatically. As it is not that easy to delete search.handycafe.com in a manual way, we suggest scanning the system with an automatic scanner. To fully implement the search.handycafe.com removal, you need to acquire a trustworthy scanner first.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Handy Cafe SearchUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Handy Cafe Search. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Handy Cafe Search and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Handy Cafe Search and related programs.
Remove Handy Cafe Search from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Handy Cafe Search from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Handy Cafe Search from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Handy Cafe Search from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Handy Cafe Search or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Handy Cafe Search from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Handy Cafe Search from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Handy Cafe Search from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Handy Cafe Search from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Handy Cafe Search and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.