About this infection
Handy-Tab.com is a browser extension that is also considered to be a browser hijacker. Browser hijackers are not malicious computer threats but they are rather annoying to deal with because they make unwanted changes to browsers and then perform redirects to sponsored sites. They can also install without you even noticing.
Only when it has set its promoted site as your homepage and new tabs will you become aware of the infection. Since it’s not a dangerous one, there is no need to worry too much. However, you should be aware that even though the hijacker will not directly harm your system, it may be able to redirect you to malicious sites where you could find malware. We suggest you delete handy-tab.com if you notice the infection inhabiting your computer.
How does the hijacker spread?
Browser hijackers are added to freeware as extra offers that you can choose to deselect. Even if the added items are not obligatory, a lot of users end up installing them simply because they do not notice them during freeware installation. If you want to be able to prevent them from installing, you need to choose Advanced or Custom settings when you install freeware. In those settings, you will be able to check if something has been added. If there is, all you need to do is deselect the box(es). You should make sure to uncheck all the items because otherwise you’ll end up with all kinds of unwanted programs. You could have also installed it yourself, from the official website. Whichever way you obtained it, you should uninstall handy-tab.com.
Why remove handy-tab.com?
The extension is advertised as a useful extension that will allow you to customize your new tab. It will show weather forecasts, permit you to create a to-do-list, write notes, and open bookmarks and apps. If you did not install it knowingly, you may be surprised at the changes it performs to your browser. And those changes will be irreversible unless you first delete handy-tab.com. Your browser will have a different homepage and new tabs. There will be shortcuts to Gmail, eBay, Amazon and other sites, as well to your History and Apps. There will also be a search engine. Usually, browser hijackers set you weird search engines so that they could redirect you easier. They would insert sponsored links into the results and if you were to press on them, you would end up on completely unrelated sites. Not all hijackers do this but it’s better to be careful. This extension will also collect information about you and your browsing habits. If you decide to uninstall handy-tab.com, proceed to the below.
If you have anti-spyware installed, you can have it remove handy-tab.com for you. This would be quicker because anti-spyware software will take care of everything. Manual handy-tab.com removal can also be performed but you may spend more time on it as you will have to find the hijacker yourself.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Handy-Tab.com VirusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Handy-Tab.com Virus. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Handy-Tab.com Virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Handy-Tab.com Virus and related programs.
Remove Handy-Tab.com Virus from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Handy-Tab.com Virus from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Handy-Tab.com Virus from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Handy-Tab.com Virus from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Handy-Tab.com Virus or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Handy-Tab.com Virus from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Handy-Tab.com Virus from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Handy-Tab.com Virus from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Handy-Tab.com Virus from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Handy-Tab.com Virus and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.