hao280.com is a browser hijacker that could have infiltrated your computer when you were installing freeware. Hijackers are generally attached to free software as optional offers but are set to install alongside. So unless you notice it during installation and manually deselect it, the hijacker will install onto your system. This just goes to show how important it is to pay attention to what you install and how you do it. The hijacker will not harm your computer directly but it will make unwanted changes to your browser and then possibly try to redirect you to sponsored pages. Some hijackers can lead users to malicious pages where malware could be lurking so you need to be careful. And in any case, unless you speak Chinese, hao280.com will not benefit. Delete hao280.com.
How does hao280.com spread?
Browser hijackers usually spread using free software bundles. They are attached to the programs you obtain from the Internet and need to be deselected. In order to do that, when installing freeware simply pick Advanced or Custom settings and you will be shown everything that has been added. If there is something, just uncheck its/their box/es. It takes seconds to do this and is way less-time consuming compared to having to remove hao280.com. If you want to save time and frustration, always use Advanced.
Why uninstall hao280.com?
The Chinese websites may appear on all popular browsers installed on your computer, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. It probably happened without your explicit permission and you are now unable to change the settings. Until you delete hao280.com browser hijacker, you will be stuck with that homepage. If you do not speak Chinese, it will be of no use to you, seeing as everything is in Chinese. It seems to have various links to news, TV shows, videos, games, etc., as well as a search engine. If you search for something, you will be taken to baidu.com. This is a completely legitimate search engine but the hijacker is essentially forcing you to use it. If you perform a search via address bar, you will also be taken to baidu. While the search engine is safe, hao280.com itself may not be. Never trust anything that came into your computer without your permission. There is no reason why you should put up with it. Remove hao280.com.
When it comes to browser hijackers, there are two ways to get rid of them. You could obtain professional removal software and implement it to uninstall hao280.com. This would probably be the easier way and if you have little experience with computers, we suggest you pick that. However, you can also erase hao280.com manually, which may be more time-consuming because you will have to find the hijacker yourself. After hao280.com removal is carried out, go change your browser’s settings and you can go back to normal browsing.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Hao280.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Hao280.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Hao280.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Hao280.com and related programs.
Remove Hao280.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Hao280.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Hao280.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Hao280.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Hao280.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Hao280.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Hao280.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Hao280.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Hao280.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Hao280.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.