About this threat
Hao549.com is a questionable website that is promoted by a browser hijacker. It’s not a serious infection but we recommend dealing with it right away because it could still bring trouble. Hijackers change browser’s settings so that they could redirect users to sponsored sites and generate traffic.
Those changes are performed without permission, which is highly irritating. And the biggest issue with those redirects is that they may not always be safe. You could be redirected to some malicious site and end up with malware. You got the hijacker when you were installing free software. Freeware comes together with added items but they are usually hidden so many users simply do not notice them. If you are one of them, you need to learn how to properly install freeware. And make sure you uninstall Hao549.com.
How does the hijacker spread?
No one would install hijackers if they knew what they were so developers attach them to free software as extra offers. They are set to install alongside so you need to manually deselect them. This is done in Advanced or Custom settings of the freeware installation process. Access those settings and make sure to deselect every offer that appears there. If you don’t or if you use Default settings and rush, do not be surprised if you end having to remove Hao549.com hijacker or similar over and over again. It takes mere seconds to deselect a few boxes so you have no excuses to not do it.
Why delete Hao549.com?
The hijacker will change your browser’s settings and set a weird website as your homepage. These changes will be made without your permission and will be irreversible unless you first uninstall Hao549.com from the computer. It’s an entertainment website with plenty of articles but we do not recommend pressing on any of them. Same goes for the search engine. The website is in Chinese so if you do not speak the language, it will be of no use to you anyway. If you were to use the search engine, you would be led to baidu.com where you may encounter sponsored content. Hijackers aim to redirect to sponsored sites because they want to generate traffic for those websites. More traffic means more money for owners. However, you need to be careful of redirects to malicious pages. Hijackers do not make sure the sites you are exposed to are safe so you could be redirected to something malicious and end up with malware. If you want to go back to normal browsing, you need to remove Hao549.com.
You have two options when it comes to Hao549.com removal. You can do it manually, but you would need to find the hijacker yourself, which is possible but rather time consuming. If you do not want to do it yourself, obtain anti-spyware software and have it delete Hao549.com for you. You can also use the provided instructions to help you.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Hao549.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Hao549.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Hao549.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Hao549.com and related programs.
Remove Hao549.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Hao549.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Hao549.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Hao549.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Hao549.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Hao549.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Hao549.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Hao549.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Hao549.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Hao549.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.