Haosou.com is a browser hijacker promoting a dubious search engine. It is not malware thus needs your permission to enter your computer. Hijackers are usually attached to free software and if they go unnoticed during the freeware installation, they are allowed to install. You not noticing them is basically you giving them permission to install. Your browsers settings will be changed and the hijacker will attempt to redirect you to sponsored pages. Redirecting you is the main purpose of a hijacker as that is how they make profit. While Haosou.com will not directly harm your computer, it can still be harmful to allow it to remain on your system. You could be exposed to malware if you are not careful. Unless you want serious trouble, you need to remove Haosou.com.
Why should you delete Haosou.com?
Browser hijackers spread with software bundles. When you are installing free software, you need to use Advanced or Custom settings. If you use Default settings, you will not notice attached items. We don’t recommend using those settings at all because you could end up installing all sorts of unwanted items. In Advanced, however, you will be able to deselect everything that has been added. All you have to do is uncheck the boxes of those items. Had you done this, you would not be stuck having to uninstall Haosou.com now.
As soon as Haosou.com installs onto your computer, it will take over your browsers and set itself as your new homepage and new tabs. You will not be asked to permit these changes and it prevents you from resetting the settings. So if you want to change your homepage, you would need to first remove Haosou.com. It’s able to hijack all major browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Safari so it doesn’t matter which browser you use. Every time you open your browser, you will see a search engine and links to various new articles. If you use the search engine, you may be bombarded with sponsored results as hijackers aim to redirect you to those sponsored pages. You might end up on completely unrelated pages or even malicious ones. If you were to enter a dangerous page, you could encounter malware and end up infecting your computer. This hijacker will be of no use to you. We suggest you uninstall Haosou.com.
We recommend using anti-malware software to fully delete Haosou.com from your system. The program would be able to take care of Haosou.com removal quickly and you would not need to do anything. You can also erase Haosou.com manually but you will have to locate the hijacker yourself, which may be difficult as it is hidden.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Haosou.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Haosou.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Haosou.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Haosou.com and related programs.
Remove Haosou.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Haosou.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Haosou.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Haosou.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Haosou.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Haosou.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Haosou.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Haosou.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Haosou.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Haosou.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.