What is HappySearch.org?
HappySearch.org is a browser hijacker that is advertising a dubious search engine. If you do not recall installing it, you are probably not the only one. A lot of users find themselves with browser hijackers on their computers and no idea how they got there. Usually, you install browser hijackers accidentally, when you install free software. Hijackers are attached to freeware and are set to install alongside. If you want to stop them, you have to manually deselect them during freeware installation. Thankfully, HappySearch.org is not malicious and will not directly harm your computer but it should still not remain on your computer. It will make unwanted changes to your browser and attempt to redirect you to sponsored websites. The thing about these redirects is that you could be led to malicious web pages where malware may be hiding. In order to protect your computer, you should make sure to delete HappySearch.org.
How does HappySearch.org spread?
Browser hijackers all use the same method to spread and that is via free software. It is attached and set so that it can install alongside the freeware without you noticing. In order to prevent these unwanted installations, you need to use Advanced or Custom settings because only there will you be able to see what has been added. If there is something, you will also be given the option of deselecting those items. Just uncheck those boxes and you can proceed to install the freeware. Do not rush through the installation process because that is exactly why you are stuck having to uninstall HappySearch.org now.
Why remove HappySearch.org?
If this hijacker is installed on your computer, every time you open your browser, you will be led to HappySearch.org. All browsers will be affected and that includes Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, so it does not matter which browser you use. Your browser’s settings will be changed and you will not be able to undo them unless you first delete HappySearch.org. It should also be noted that the changes were made without your permission. You will notice the homepage change immediately as your new one will have a big smiley face as the background and ‘HappySearch’ written in big letters. While it may not look suspicious, if you were to use the provided search engine, you would be shown sponsored content. By making you click on such results, the hijacker makes money. The results are not reliable and the hijacker should not remain on your computer. Uninstall HappySearch.org.
In order to fully remove HappySearch.org, we recommend obtaining professional removal software. Automatic HappySearch.org removal would be the quickest option as the program would do everything for you. But you can choose to erase HappySearch.org manually, just note that you will have to locate the hijacker yourself. You are welcome to use the provides instructions below this article to help you terminate HappySearch.org from the system for good.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove HappySearch.orgUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall HappySearch.org. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like HappySearch.org and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall HappySearch.org and related programs.
Remove HappySearch.org from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall HappySearch.org from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete HappySearch.org from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove HappySearch.org from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for HappySearch.org or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete HappySearch.org from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase HappySearch.org from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove HappySearch.org from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall HappySearch.org from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable HappySearch.org and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.