What is HDWallpaper virus?
HDWallpaper is an ad-supported application that is responsible for the advertisements that are flooding your browsers. Because of these ads and its distribution method, the app is often referred to as a virus, even though technically that is not the case. You may have acquired it by accident when installing some other freeware. You should know that the program will not cause any damage to your PC on its own, however, it will expose you to unreliable online content, interacting with which could result in serious troubles. That is why we advise that you terminate HDWallpaper virus without further delay.
How does HDWallpaper virus work?
The application is promoted as a tool that can allow you to change your desktop wallpaper by choosing from a variety of images. Although this may seem like a useful feature, the program still uses the bundling distribution method, which means that it aims at entering computer systems without the user’s notice. The application gets attached to free third party software and is presented during the installation as an optional offer. If you do not pay attention to the wizard, you agree to all optional offers automatically as they are pre-selected. You should not make this mistake again. We advise that you always choose the Advanced installation mode and decline all additional offers presented to you during setup.
Once HDWallpaper gets installed, your computer may start working more slowly than usual, because the program uses up a lot of system resources. It also inserts various adverts into your browsers and causes redirects to unfamiliar pages. You will see the advertisements no matter which web browser you use or where you go online. These ads should not be blindly trusted, because they can be unreliable. By clicking on them, you may land on corrupted pages containing online scams. If you wish to avoid that, you should eliminate HDWallpaper virus from your PC as soon as possible.
How to remove HDWallpaper virus?
Fortunately, HDWallpaper virus removal is not that complicated. There are two options you can choose from: you can erase HDWallpaper virus manually or automatically. If you are certain that you do not have any other issues in your system, you can go with the manual removal option. The instructions are presented below the article and you are welcome to use them. If, however, you want to go with the more reliable solution, you should delete HDWallpaper virus automatically. You can complete this removal option by using the anti-malware from our site. The utility will scan your PC, detect all issues, and eliminate HDWallpaper virus along with them. It will also help you keep your computer clean by shielding it from other online infections.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove HDWallpaper virusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall HDWallpaper virus. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like HDWallpaper virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
What is Bitdefender Antivirus Software? Bitdefender is an anti-virus application that provides advanced protection against Internet-based threats. You can choose between Bitdefender Anti-Virus Plus, ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall HDWallpaper virus and related programs.
Remove HDWallpaper virus from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall HDWallpaper virus from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete HDWallpaper virus from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove HDWallpaper virus from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for HDWallpaper virus or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete HDWallpaper virus from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase HDWallpaper virus from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove HDWallpaper virus from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall HDWallpaper virus from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable HDWallpaper virus and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.