Hellosearch.fr is a dubious website that is forced upon you by a browser hijacker. If the redirect virus manages to enter your computer, which it does via free software, it will perform modifications to your browser and set itself as your homepage, as well as new tabs. It should be noted that hijackers are not very dangerous computer infections but they are quite annoying.
Hellosearch.fr will try to redirect you to sponsored websites so that pay-per-click income could be generated. Thus it quickly becomes clear that browser hijackers are not there to make your browsing experience better. They are there to make money by using you. You should also keep in mind that some hijackers may be capable of redirecting users to malicious sites in which malware is lurking. This could lead to a serious infection so best be careful. And make sure you remove Hellosearch.fr.
How does Hellosearch.fr spread?
The hijacker was attached to free software as one of those extra offers. You could have chosen to not install Hellosearch.fr but most likely you missed it. Those additional offers only become visible if users use Advanced or Custom settings when installing freeware so make sure to always choose those settings. All you need to do is deselect everything there. If you missed Hellosearch.fr, you must have used Default. It could be difficult to delete Hellosearch.fr and akin issues so ensure that you prevent installation from the very beginning.
Why uninstall Hellosearch.fr?
It becomes very obvious when a hijacker infects your computer because it changes the homepage and new tabs on your browsers. In the case of Hellosearch.fr, it may affect all leading browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. The settings changes are executed without your permission so do not try to remember when you authorized any of them. They are also unchangeable until you remove Hellosearch.fr. Your new homepage looks very different from legitimate sites of this kind so it’s very evident that you should not trust it. If you type in a search in the box, you will be shown unreliable results and may be redirected to completely unrelated websites. There are even cases when hijackers lead users to malicious sites. This could be the beginning of a serious malware infection so make sure you delete Hellosearch.fr.
If you notice that it has invaded your computer, take action to uninstall Hellosearch.fr. It can be done in two ways, manually and automatically. If you go with the latter, you should save more time because Hellosearch.fr removal using anti-spyware software is easier since the program will do everything for you. If you try to erase Hellosearch.fr manually, you will have to find where the hijacker is hiding and that may not be that easy.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Hellosearch.frUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Hellosearch.fr. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Hellosearch.fr and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Hellosearch.fr and related programs.
Remove Hellosearch.fr from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Hellosearch.fr from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Hellosearch.fr from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Hellosearch.fr from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Hellosearch.fr or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Hellosearch.fr from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Hellosearch.fr from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Hellosearch.fr from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Hellosearch.fr from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Hellosearch.fr and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.