Hightsearch.com Removal Tips (Uninstall Hightsearch.com)
Hightsearch.com is a yet another browser hijacker that claims to be especially useful to computer users, when in fact, it is only aimed at generating revenue for its creators. It does so by employing the pay-per-click system.
The hijacker takes over your browsers as soon as it gets access to your PC. It alters their settings and floods you with various advertisements. You may experience other inconveniences as well like random redirects, Internet slow downs, and so on. If you wish to return to your original settings and eliminate unwanted ads from your browsers, you will have to delete Hightsearch.com.
How does Hightsearch.com work?
The hijacker sets your home page and default search engine to Hightsearch.com upon arrival. The site attempts to imitate Google.com to gain your trust. If you enter a query into the search box presented on it, you will get results from Google Custom Search. You should know that these results are not the same as the ones that you get directly from Google. They are modified to include sponsored links that belong to the hijacker. It is clear that as long as Hightsearch.com stays your default search provider, you will not be able to search the Web efficiently.
Other than the browser settings modifications, the hijacker has also been associated with such symptoms as redirects and adverts. You may get rerouted to unfamiliar pages in the middle of your browsing. As for the advertisements, they will be inserted into all pages that you visit, regardless of their content. We urge you to stay away from these ads as they may be unsafe. Moreover, the hijacker is known to use tracking cookies in order to collect information about your Internet habits. These details could be used for marketing purposes and sold to third parties. If you do not want to deal with any of the hijacker’s symptoms any longer, you should terminate Hightsearch.com right away.
How to remove Hightsearch.com?
In order to eliminate Hightsearch.com from your browsers, you will first have to delete its associated application from your computer. After you do that, you will be able to fix your browser settings. If you choose manual Hightsearch.com removal, you will have to complete these tasks yourself. In case you need more details, you can use the instructions provided below the article. If, on the other hand, you decide to delete Hightsearch.com automatically, these tasks will be completed for you by an anti-malware utility. You can download the security tool from our site and use it to scan and clean your PC. The malware remover will not only help you remove Hightsearch.com, but it will also provide you with online protection in real time.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Hightsearch.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Hightsearch.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Hightsearch.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Hightsearch.com and related programs.
Remove Hightsearch.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Hightsearch.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Hightsearch.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Hightsearch.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Hightsearch.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Hightsearch.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Hightsearch.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Hightsearch.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Hightsearch.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Hightsearch.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.