What is Hihikal.ru?
Hihikal.ru is a Russian web page that is supposed to tell you all the interesting news and also search for the needed information easier. Computer specialists classify Hihikal.ru infection as a browser hijacker that can make your web browsing experience so much worse. Hihikal.ru hijacker performs many unwanted changes to your internet browsers, such as, Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox. Therefore, you should delete Hihikal.ru as soon as possible. Without Hihikal.ru removal, your computer is exposed to the variety of threats. Hence, very soon you will be forced to deal with even more annoying threats.
Why do you need to uninstall Hihikal.ru hijacker?
The search engine that is provided by Hihikal.ru is considered unreliable. The links on it are mostly ads that can lead you to the very dark side of the World Wide Web. Instead of using the search engine of Hihikal.ru, you should rely on the more reputable ones. For instance, Google, Bing, and Yahoo are all considered to be trustworthy search machines. Therefore, we simply do not see any logical reasons why you should use Hihikal.ru instead of the reputable search engines. This means only one thing: you need to delete Hihikal.ru immediately.
Hihikal.ru follows your web surfing activities, which you can also notice because Hihikal.ru ads are suspiciously related to your previously visited webpages. In addition, Hihikal.ru gathers information about your entered search queries. The data may include some personal details. Hence, you should be careful and take care of Hihikal.ru removal without the further delay. We have to warn you that if you do not delete Hihikal.ru quickly enough, you may have to face even an identity theft.
How did Hihikal.ru enter my computer’s system?
In the majority of cases Hihikal.ru finds the users’ PCs with the help of bundled freeware. In other words, many free of charge programs are listed as the potentially unwanted applications. This is because most of them travel in bundles and include applications that are only created to gain revenue from ads. In order to avoid such programs installation, you should download applications solely from the trustworthy websites. Also, make sure that you attentively check the installation setup. Usually, you can deselect the unwanted programs there. Do not forget to check the ‘Advanced’ and ‘Custom’ options to make sure that the questionable applications will not be able to reach your virtual machine. However, for those unlucky ones whose computers have been accessed by the unwanted browser hijacker, we have prepared a detailed description on how to delete Hihikal.ru.
What do I need to do in order to remove Hihikal.ru hijacker?
The best way to take care of Hihikal.ru removal is to implement a sophisticated antivirus application. The powerful malware removal tool will be able to delete Hihikal.ru and all the other suspicious programs that might have reached your PC. Also, your security application will protect your electronic device from the future threats. Just do not forget to keep your spyware elimination tool up to date and perform a full computer scan once in a while.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Hihikal.ruUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Hihikal.ru. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Hihikal.ru and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Hihikal.ru and related programs.
Remove Hihikal.ru from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Hihikal.ru from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Hihikal.ru from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Hihikal.ru from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Hihikal.ru or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Hihikal.ru from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Hihikal.ru from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Hihikal.ru from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Hihikal.ru from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Hihikal.ru and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.