What is HolyCrypt Virus?
HolyCrypt Virus is a relatively new ransomware infection that is similar to other programs of this category that have been released ahead of it. The parasite was created using the Python programming language. Its payload comes in the form of an executable file, which looks completely harmless at first. Once the threat gets installed, however, it starts encrypting your data. The corrupted files can no longer be opened. That is when the malware presents you with a “solution”: purchasing the decryption key from its creators. We advise against that. You should disregard the ransom note and delete HolyCrypt Virus right away.
How does HolyCrypt Virus work?
There are several distribution methods that the virus uses in order to spread online. You may have infected your computer by downloading a spam email attachment, clicking on a corrupted link, visiting a hacked website, etc. Once the threat infiltrates your system, it alters certain Windows registry keys, so that it can get launched automatically each time you start your computer. Afterwards, the malware begins its malicious data encryption process. It corrupts such files as your documents, photos, videos, music, databases, and more. All affected files have “(encrypted)” added at the beginning of their names, so they are easy to recognize.
As soon as the encryption is complete, the malware presents you with the ransom note, which states that your computer and your files have been locked. It then informs you that in order to unlock them, you will need a decryption key. Of course, the only way to receive this key is by paying the cyber crooks. That is not something that we would recommend. You should not waste your money, because there is no way you can trust the hackers to follow through on their promises. We advise that you erase HolyCrypt Virus from your PC without delay and try other ways of recovering your files.
How to remove HolyCrypt Virus?
In order to terminate HolyCrypt Virus, you will need an effective malware prevention and removal tool. You can acquire the software from our page and use it to eliminate HolyCrypt Virus and other threats. The anti-malware will perform a full system scan and detect all malicious threats. It will remove HolyCrypt Virus without any difficulty and it will also protect your computer from other online parasites you may encounter in the future. As for your data, unless you have it backed up, you will need to use a file decryptor (there are multiple free tools available online) or try the System Restore feature.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove HolyCrypt VirusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall HolyCrypt Virus. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like HolyCrypt Virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall HolyCrypt Virus and related programs.
Remove HolyCrypt Virus from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall HolyCrypt Virus from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete HolyCrypt Virus from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove HolyCrypt Virus from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for HolyCrypt Virus or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete HolyCrypt Virus from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase HolyCrypt Virus from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove HolyCrypt Virus from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall HolyCrypt Virus from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable HolyCrypt Virus and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.