About browser hijackers
Home.fastemailaccess.com is a browser hijacker website that you probably installed along with freeware. If you see it loading on your browser, it does not mean some kind of malware has infected your computer. Merely a hijacker. They are not malicious and do not directly harm computers but are still unnecessary to have.
They make browser changes unauthorized and set questionable websites as homepages. And its goal is to redirect you. It will insert sponsored content into your search results for that reason and you will end up on all kinds of websites. Hijackers are also able to lead users to malicious site so if you want to avoid a possible malware infection, you need to delete Home.fastemailaccess.com. And you didn’t even install it willingly. It was added to freeware as an extra offer and failed to notice it.
Why are hijacker infections so widespread?
If you have a hijacker installed, that means you need to pay closer attention to how you install freeware. A lot of programs do not come alone. Hijackers, adware or any other potentially unwanted program could be attached to it and you need to learn how to deselect it. This is done in Advanced or Custom settings when setting up programs. Make sure you choose those settings and you will be able to see whether something is added. Those settings will also allow you to uncheck everything. And you should make sure that you do. Otherwise, you will be allowing all kinds of unwanted programs to install. And then you will be stuck having to remove Home.fastemailaccess.com or similar.
Why uninstall Home.fastemailaccess.com?
The hijacker’s promoted website will appear suddenly and replace your homepage on most browsers, whether it’s Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. It does not look like any of the famous search engine websites so if you were using Google, Yahoo or Bing, you will immediately notice the change. Your first course of action would probably be to change your browser’s settings back, but you will quickly realize that you are unable to do so because the hijacker keeps overruling everything you do. This will go on until you decide to delete Home.fastemailaccess.com. Until you do, we do not recommend using the website or engaging with any ads. If you use the provided search engine, you will be taken to a website where you may encounter sponsored content. After all, these infections do aim to make income and they do it by redirecting you. The biggest problem with this is that some redirects could be malicious and that could result in a malware infection entering your system. We would recommend you take care of Home.fastemailaccess.com removal as soon as possible.
If you decide that you want to remove Home.fastemailaccess.com, you can do so in two ways. Automatic elimination would be quickest because the anti-spyware software of your choice would do everything for you. If you choose to uninstall Home.fastemailaccess.com manually, you will need to find the infection yourself.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Home.fastemailaccess.com virusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Home.fastemailaccess.com virus. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Home.fastemailaccess.com virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Home.fastemailaccess.com virus and related programs.
Remove Home.fastemailaccess.com virus from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Home.fastemailaccess.com virus from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Home.fastemailaccess.com virus from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Home.fastemailaccess.com virus from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Home.fastemailaccess.com virus or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Home.fastemailaccess.com virus from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Home.fastemailaccess.com virus from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Home.fastemailaccess.com virus from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Home.fastemailaccess.com virus from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Home.fastemailaccess.com virus and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.