Homepage-tab.com Removal Instructions (Uninstall Homepage-tab.com)
Homepage-tab.com is promoted as a browser extension that can provide you with a customizable home page and a reliable search provider. What its About page fails to mention is that the utility is also potentially unwanted. It spreads online by attaching itself to free software. When you install freeware without paying attention to it, you agree to all additional offers with which it comes.
That is most likely how the browser hijacker ended up in your system. Its main symptom is your browser settings modification, however, it causes other inconveniences as well. If you wish to get rid of them, you will have to terminate Homepage-tab.com.
How does Homepage-tab.com work?
Your home page and default search provider get replaced with Homepage-tab.com as soon as the hijacker gets access to your system. The website itself contains a search box, search parameters, and the Settings button, which allows you to change the background and choose your language. If you make use of your new search engine, you will simply get rerouted to Google.com. Although the customizable webpage may be a useful feature of the application, you should know that it also has quite a few drawbacks.
The browser hijacker will insert various advertisements into your visited sites. These will include pop-ups, banners, coupons, in-text ads, and so on. The advertising content is not endorsed by the software, so you click on it at your own risk. We advise avoiding all adverts until you get rid of Homepage-tab.com for good. Other symptoms linked to the hijacker include slow Internet connection and computer performance. Moreover, the hijacker may cause random redirects to its sponsor websites. As you can see, the hijacker causes unnecessary interruptions and lowers your online safety level. That is why we advise that you delete Homepage-tab.com right away.
How to remove Homepage-tab.com?
In order to delete Homepage-tab.com from your browsers, you will have to identify its related application and uninstall it from your computer. Afterwards, you will be able to restore your browser settings. For more details, you can refer to the manual Homepage-tab.com removal guide presented below the article. Alternatively, you can use the anti-malware utility available on our page and clean your system with it. The utility will scan your computer and detect all potential threats. It will then remove Homepage-tab.com along with them and ensure that your PC stays clean and safe in the future by providing it with real-time online protection.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Homepage-tab.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Homepage-tab.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Homepage-tab.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Homepage-tab.com and related programs.
Remove Homepage-tab.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Homepage-tab.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Homepage-tab.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Homepage-tab.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Homepage-tab.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Homepage-tab.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Homepage-tab.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Homepage-tab.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Homepage-tab.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Homepage-tab.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.