Houmpage.com Removal Guide
Houmpage.com is a browser hijacker that is similar to some other members of this group like Mysurfing123.com, Yoursites123.com, and more. It is capable of changing your preferred browser settings automatically and causing other unwanted modifications.
The hijacker is aimed at boosting online traffic by promoting its sponsors. It uses various tactics in order to do so. In additional to altering your settings, it also redirects you to unfamiliar sites, adds commercials into your visited pages, and so on. There is no reason why you should tolerate these inconveniences. We advise that you uninstall Houmpage.com without further delay.
How does Houmpage.com work?
Houmpage.com switches your home page and default search provider as soon as it takes over your browsers. It is compatible with all most commonly used browsers, so you will notice its effect no matter which one of them you use. The webpage that now appears on your screen instead of your preferred site contains a search box and not much else. This search box reroutes you to the results page that is powered by Yahoo Search. The problem with this page is that is contains sponsored ads and links that could be unreliable. We advise that you stay away from the commercial data no matter what it promotes.
You should also be careful with other adverts, pop-ups, and banners that you will see while visiting various pages as the advertising content will not be limited to the search results. The hijacker may expose you to various scams like bogus software or updates, fake surveys or lotteries, and so on. These scams are aimed at infecting your PC with potentially unwanted, ad-supported or even malicious applications. They are also used to collect your personal details. Do not fall for these tricks. If you want to make sure that your computer stays safe and you do not accidentally click on false adverts, you should terminate Houmpage.com as soon as possible.
How to remove Houmpage.com?
There are two ways you can remove Houmpage.com – manually or automatically. Manual Houmpage.com removal requires you to complete the following steps: first, you need to uninstall the hijacker’s related program, and then restore your browser settings. In case you are not sure how to complete these tasks, you can use the instructions we have prepared below this article. If, on the other hand, you want to not only delete Houmpage.com, but also make sure that you do not have to deal with similar issues again, you should implement the anti-malware tool from our site. It will perform a system scan and detect all potential threats. Once the scan is complete, you will be able to delete Houmpage.com and other infections from your PC. You will also make sure that your computer stays safeguarded in the future as the utility will provide it with online protection.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Houmpage.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Houmpage.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Houmpage.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Houmpage.com and related programs.
Remove Houmpage.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Houmpage.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Houmpage.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Houmpage.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Houmpage.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Houmpage.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Houmpage.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Houmpage.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Houmpage.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Houmpage.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.