howtonews.ru is regarded as a browser hijacker that will make changes to your browser without your permission. These kinds of potentially unwanted programs enter systems along with free software. Essentially, when you installed freeware, you allowed howtonews.ru to install as well. You will need to learn better installation habits so that you can safely install freeware in the future. What howtonews.ru will do is change your browser’s settings and expose you to sponsored content. That is the primary reason why hijackers even exist, they just want to make income by redirecting you to sponsored sites. The thing about redirects is that you could be redirected to malicious sites where malware could be lurking. If you are not careful, you might end up with a virus on your computer. We suggest that you uninstall howtonews.ru as soon as possible.
How does howtonews.ru spread?
Browser hijackers and adware applications usually spread using free software. They are attached as additional items but you do not have to install them. The problem is, if it goes unnoticed during the freeware installation process, it will install along with the freeware. And many users do not notice the added items which is why so many of them end up with all kinds of unwanted items on their computers. If you want t prevent them from installing, you will need to deselect what has been added and you can only do that in Advanced (Custom) settings of the installation process. All you have to do is uncheck the boxes of the added items and that will ensure that you will not have to remove howtonews.ru or similar from your computer. Do not choose Default and rush through the process as those settings allow added items to install without you noticing.
Why must you delete howtonews.ru?
Once howtonews.ru installs onto your computer, it will take over all your browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. It will change your browser’s settings and set itself as your homepage and new tabs. You will be redirected to that site every time you open your browser. You cannot undo the changes of the settings unless you first remove howtonews.ru from your system. howtonews.ru will expose you to advertisement content and try to generate traffic by redirecting you to sponsored websites. In some cases, browser hijackers can expose users to dangerous content and malware could be downloaded by mistake. If you care about your computer’s security, you need to uninstall howtonews.ru.
There are two ways to delete howtonews.ru, automatically and manually. If you opt for automatic howtonews.ru removal, you will have to obtain a reliable removal program. The tool should be able to locate and erase howtonews.ru for you. If you attempt to terminate howtonews.ru manually, you will have to locate it yourself and that might be difficult as it is hidden so that it would be more difficult to eliminate howtonews.ru.
Download Removal Toolto scan for HowtoNews.ruUse our recommended removal tool to scan for HowtoNews.ru. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like HowtoNews.ru and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall HowtoNews.ru and related programs.
Remove HowtoNews.ru from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall HowtoNews.ru from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete HowtoNews.ru from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove HowtoNews.ru from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for HowtoNews.ru or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete HowtoNews.ru from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase HowtoNews.ru from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove HowtoNews.ru from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall HowtoNews.ru from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable HowtoNews.ru and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.