I-search.us.com Removal Guide
I-search.us.com is an unreliable search engine which you might find placed on your Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox browsers. The search engine itself does not look bad at all; however, tests have shown that it might still put systems into danger really quickly. Therefore, the best would be to remove I-search.us.com from browsers as soon as possible and set a more trustworthy search provider.
This is not very easy to delete I-search.us.com from browsers, but it is, of course, not impossible to do that. Therefore, you should take care of this infection in the nearest future. We hope that you will find all the answers to your questions regarding the I-search.us.com removal in this article.
As I-search.us.com is a typical browser hijacker, there is no doubt that this search engine will simply replace your homepage and search engine on all the browsers. We agree that it looks quite reliable at first sight and it works as an ordinary search engine, i.e. it returns search results after users enter keywords into the search box on its main page. Even though I-search.us.com looks quite decent, we cannot say the same about the search results it provides for the users. Researchers have managed to find out that these search results contain advertisements and third-party links. As there are so many links and ads integrated into them, we suspect that the main goal of I-search.us.com is to boost the traffic rate of these websites. This is, of course, not the only reason why you have to uninstall I-search.us.com from the system. Specialists say that you should also delete I-search.us.com from your browsers because this questionable search engine might really violate your privacy too. Yes, it seems that it is going to record personal information and various details about your online activities.
How is I-search.us.com browser hijacker distributed?
We are sure that I-search.us.com browser hijacker has sneaked onto your computer without permission. You should never trust search engines that are set without your consent because, in most cases, they belong to browser hijackers. It is known that browser hijackers usually travel in software bundles together with other programs, especially freeware and shareware. Users are sometimes allowed to prevent them from entering – they need to unmark the particular checkbox. Unfortunately, people rarely read information provided for them in setup wizards and do not notice that. If you consider yourself quite careless too, you should, at least, install security software on the system after you implement the I-search.us.com removal.
How to delete I-search.us.com from the system?
It is a must to remove I-search.us.com from browsers even though it is not so easy to do that. There are two ways to do that: you can go for the manual I-search.us.com removal or you can scan your PC with a trustworthy antimalware scanner. The latter method is definitely an easier one, so users who consider themselves inexperienced should employ this method. Double-check that you have acquired a trustworthy scanner before you use it because there are hundreds of bad tools on the web.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove I-search.us.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall I-search.us.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like I-search.us.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version. More...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
What is Bitdefender Antivirus Software? Bitdefender is an anti-virus application that provides advanced protection against Internet-based threats. You can choose between Bitdefender Anti-Virus Plus, ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall I-search.us.com and related programs.
Remove I-search.us.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall I-search.us.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete I-search.us.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove I-search.us.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for I-search.us.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete I-search.us.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase I-search.us.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove I-search.us.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall I-search.us.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable I-search.us.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.