What is Ilitil.com?
Ilitil.com is a questionable search engine that is promoted by a browser hijacker. You must have recently installed free software as that is the main spread method. Hijackers are bundled with free software and that allows them to install if the users does not notice them. Ilitil.com will become your homepage on all leading browsers and these changes will be carried out without your permission.
You will also be stuck with those modifications until you delete Ilitil.com. While Ilitil.com is not malicious itself, it will redirect you sponsored content. Generating income by redirecting users is the main reason a hijacker even exists. What is rather worrying is that sometimes hijackers can lead users to highly suspicious sites where malware could be present. The user might accidentally download that malware and end up infecting his/her computer. Hijackers bring nothing of value to computers and you should remove Ilitil.com.
How does Ilitil.com spread?
All hijackers use the same bundling method to spread. This is the most efficient way to infect computers as many uses do not know how to correctly install programs. When you install free programs you get from the Internet, you need to pay attention to the process because otherwise, you will end up allowing all kinds of unwanted items to install. Always choose Advanced or Custom settings during the installation. Those settings will allow you to view what has been added. If there is something, we suggest you stop those items from installing by unchecking the boxes. Do not rush through the process because that is exactly why you ended up having to uninstall Ilitil.com.
Why remove Ilitil.com?
Ilitil.com will load as your homepage every time you open your browser, be it Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. If you try to change it, you will be unable to do so because the hijacker will prevent you from doing so. If you want to get rid of the unwanted homepage, you will have to delete Ilitil.com. It does not look like any well-known search engine so some users might be intrigued to use it. If you did, you would notice that it inserts sponsored pages into the results and they have nothing to do with what you searched for. It aims to generate pay-per-click revenue by redirecting you to those sites. The most worrying thing about these redirects is that they are not always safe. You may end up on an infected page where malware could be lurking. If you wish to avoid infecting your computer with serious malware, you should uninstall Ilitil.com immediately.
We recommend you obtain professional anti-malware software to help you erase Ilitil.com. The program would locate and terminate Ilitil.com without you having to do anything. However, will provide instructions for manual Ilitil.com removal so if you prefer to do that, eliminate Ilitil.com yourself.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Ilitil.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Ilitil.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Ilitil.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Ilitil.com and related programs.
Remove Ilitil.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Ilitil.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Ilitil.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Ilitil.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Ilitil.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Ilitil.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Ilitil.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Ilitil.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Ilitil.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Ilitil.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.