Ilividlive.com Removal Guide (Delete Ilividlive.com)
Ilividlive.com can be classified as a browser hijacker and a potentially unwanted program (PUP). Basically, it is a search engine that can replace your default search provider, new tab, and homepage with itself. It has been proved that the hijacker has the ability of infecting all browsers equally, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. This means that you can’t just simply switch your browser when you are infected with NetBetterResults.
This third-party search engine is known to attack India, Brazil, the USA, Indonesia, and Germany the most. We can see that the hijacker knows no boundaries and it can be detected in any country. The goal of such browser hijackers is to redirect users to particular sites to cause traffic in them, show third-party ads, and generate revenue in this way. Because of that, you will have to remove Ilividlive.com from your personal computer as soon as you finish reading.
Why is Ilividlive.com dangerous?
You have to know that this PUP changes your browser and DNS settings without your consent. In other words, it is very intrusive. What is more, it will make your browsing experience unbearable if you decide to use it. Do not trust its pretty interface with a cute image because when you try searching for information, you might be surprised by the results. You will see a lot of sponsored links at the right site of the screen or among the legitimate results that are provided by yahoo.com. These links must not be clicked: you may end up on a page that can infect your device. In addition, users may come across a lot of third-party commercial advertisements (like pop-ups or coupons). They are quite threatening because of dangerous redirections. Furthermore, the PUP is known for aiding other infections to get onto your computer. Adware is installed on your PC, and that explains the amount of ads. Also, spyware is installed so that your online activities would be monitored and recorded. If you don’t want your passwords to leak into the hands of cyber criminals, delete Ilividlive.com now.
How did I get infected with Ilividlive.com?
Usually, PC users get infected with this browser hijacker (and many other potentially unwanted programs) by installing freeware and shareware from file sharing websites. The programs come in bundles, and this means that a lot of unwanted applications can enter your PC unnoticed if you are not attentive enough. Always choose Custom or Advanced installation settings and follow the whole process carefully. As for now, uninstall Ilividlive.com if you want to be safe.
How to remove Ilividlive.com from my computer?
If you only reset your browser settings, the program will come back, that is why you should also eliminate it via Control Panel. In other words, the Ilividlive.com removal process may be difficult if you don’t have much experience with computers. For this reason, our security team recommends you to use a legitimate spyware and malware removal tool that would make everything a lot easier.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Ilividlive.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Ilividlive.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Ilividlive.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Ilividlive.com and related programs.
Remove Ilividlive.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Ilividlive.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Ilividlive.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Ilividlive.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Ilividlive.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Ilividlive.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Ilividlive.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Ilividlive.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Ilividlive.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Ilividlive.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.