What is Iminentsearch.com?
Iminentsearch.com is a web browser hijacker that changes your browser settings upon arrival and causes other modifications that you may be completely useless to you. It affects all major browsers including Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and others. The goal of the hijacker is make profit by exposing you to various ads and thus boosting web traffic. You should know that not all ads shown to you can be trusted. Some of them are completely fake and they do nothing but lower your online security level. We advise that you delete Iminentsearch.com as soon as you can.
How does Iminentsearch.com work?
Iminentsearch.com spreads online together with its extension, Iminentsearch, with the help of free software bundles. Freeware often comes bundled with potentially unwanted applications, because that is the easiest way for them to get installed without the computer user’s notice. If you install free software without paying attention to the wizard, you agree to all additional offers, which are usually apps that are not beneficial to you in any way. Make sure that the next time you deal with freeware, you install it in the Advanced or Custom mode and decline all optional offers. The hijacker itself is not malicious, so there is no need to panic that it ended up in your system. However, there is also no point in delaying Iminentsearch.com removal. Its main symptom is that it alters your browser settings including your new tab, home page, and default search provider. The main page of the hijacker looks completely reliable. It has a search box, which reroutes you to Search.yahoo.com, which is where the trouble starts. You should know that the results you see are modified by Safe Finder, which is a yet another potentially unwanted program. The search results will include sponsored links and you should be careful with them as they may be unsafe. Unfortunately, other ads will show up in your browsers as well. Regardless of which sites you visit, you will still be exposed to pop-ups, banners, links, coupons, and so on. You should stay away from them as some of these ads are fake. They could lead you to corrupted sites, which could result in malware infections and other unwanted consequences. If you wish to avoid that, you should terminate Iminentsearch.com right away.
How to remove Iminentsearch.com?
There are two options for you to choose from, if you want to erase Iminentsearch.com. You can go with the manual Iminentsearch.com removal option, which requires you to uninstall the hijacker’s associated application and then fix your browser settings. More detailed instructions are provided below. A more effective solution, however, is to delete Iminentsearch.com automatically. You can do that by implementing the anti-malware from our site. It will scan and clean your computer. Moreover, after you eliminate Iminentsearch.com, the utility will make sure to keep your system safe from other online threats.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Iminentsearch.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Iminentsearch.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Iminentsearch.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Iminentsearch.com and related programs.
Remove Iminentsearch.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Iminentsearch.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Iminentsearch.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Iminentsearch.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Iminentsearch.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Iminentsearch.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Iminentsearch.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Iminentsearch.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Iminentsearch.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Iminentsearch.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.