What is Initial Page 123?
Initial Page 123 is a browser hijacker, occasionally referred to as a redirect virus. There is no need to be too worried because hijackers are a rather low-level infection. They are not harmful themselves but can be quite irritating.
If it manages to install onto your computer, your browser’s settings will be altered and every time you open your browser, you will not see the homepage of your choosing but rather the one provided by the browser hijacker. Usually, hijackers aim to generate traffic for sponsored pages by redirecting you to them as that is how they make income. They also have a habit of tracking your browsing activities and gathering certain kind of information. Some hijackers are even capable of leading you to malicious sites where you could easily run into malware. Do not hesitate to remove Initial Page 123. And if you are wondering how it installed, we can assure you that you did it yourself, via free software.
Should you uninstall Initial Page 123?
Usually, users install browser hijackers via free software. What happens is the hijacker is attached to free software and is set to install alongside the freeware. In order to prevent it from doing so, you need to manually deselect it. This is done by opting for Advanced or Custom settings during freeware installation and unchecking the boxes of all added items. We do not recommend rushing through the installation process because you will end up allowing all kinds of items to install. If you do not want to get stuck having to delete Initial Page 123 or similar again, you should start using Advanced or Custom settings.
You will be stuck with a new homepage and new tabs if you allow the hijacker to enter your computer. It will make changes to your browser and set initialpage123.com as your homepage, possibly without your permission. When this happens, some users might ignore these modifications and carry on as usual but it is important that you react and remove Initial Page 123 immediately. Until then, whenever you open your browser, be it Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, you will be redirected initialpage123.com. You will see a search box and if you use it, you will be led to Yahoo. You can go to Yahoo directly, there is no use in using some questionable website. The hijacker might be tracking your browsing activities and recording certain kind of information about your browsing habits. If you want to avoid being monitored, you should delete Initial Page 123.
Initial Page 123 removal
If you want to make sure that you uninstall Initial Page 123 fully, you should obtain professional removal software. This is the recommended option because the program would locate and erase Initial Page 123 without you having to do anything. If you choose manual Initial Page 123 removal, you will have to locate the hijacker yourself and that could be time-consuming as the hijacker may be hidden.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Initial Page 123Use our recommended removal tool to uninstall Initial Page 123. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Initial Page 123 and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Initial Page 123 and related programs.
Remove Initial Page 123 from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Initial Page 123 from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Initial Page 123 from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Initial Page 123 from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Initial Page 123 or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Initial Page 123 from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Initial Page 123 from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Initial Page 123 from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Initial Page 123 from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Initial Page 123 and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.