Initialpage123.com is a browser hijacker that you may suddenly find in your browser. It must have entered your computer together with free software because you did not notice it being attached. If it goes unnoticed during freeware installation, it is allowed to install alongside. Hijackers are typically low-level threats and are not malicious. However, Initialpage123.com will change your browser’s settings and set itself as your homepage. This is done so that the hijackers can generate traffic for sponsored pages and in that way make income. Hijackers also have the tendency to monitor browsing sessions and collect certain kind of data about users. Overall, hijackers do not benefit users in any way, they only disrupt browsing sessions, which is why you need to uninstall Initialpage123.com.
How does Initialpage123.com spread?
All browser hijackers use the bundling method to spread and that means that they are attached to free software. These attached items are set to install automatically unless you manually deselect them. In order to do this, you need to use Advanced or Custom settings during free program installation. In those settings, you will see what has been attached and if there is something, you will be able to deselect it/them. You should not hurry through the process in Default settings because you will end up with all kinds of unwanted items. Having to remove Initialpage123.com or similar may be difficult and time-consuming so it is best if you stop them from installing in the first place.
Why delete Initialpage123.com?
Initialpage123.com will become your homepage and new tabs on all of your browsers. Changes will be made without your permission and you will be unable to undo them unless you first uninstall Initialpage123.com from the computer. Until then, every time you open your browser, be it Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, you will be led to Initialpage123.com. A search engine will be displayed and if you were to use it, you would be redirected to Yahoo. This search engine is useless because if you wanted Yahoo, you can just go directly to that page. There is not need to have some questionable hijacker on your computer. If you were to use it, it may start tracking your browsing sessions and recording information about you. It’s not personal data but rather what sites you visit, your browsing habits, etc. That information would then be sold to third-parties who would use it for their own purposes. We suggest you remove Initialpage123.com.
You may need to obtain professional removal software in order to delete Initialpage123.com fully. The program would take care of Initialpage123.com removal for you and you would not need to do anything. If you choose to erase Initialpage123.com manually, you will have to locate the hijacker yourself and that may be tricky as the hijacker is hidden. After you eliminate Initialpage123.com, you will be able to change the settings back and return to usual browsing.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Initialpage123.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Initialpage123.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Initialpage123.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Initialpage123.com and related programs.
Remove Initialpage123.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Initialpage123.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Initialpage123.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Initialpage123.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Initialpage123.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Initialpage123.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Initialpage123.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Initialpage123.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Initialpage123.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Initialpage123.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
- remover initial123
- remove initialpage123
- initial123 virüs
- how to remove initial123
- initial123 virus removal
- initial123 virus delete
- initial123 remove
- initial123 removal tool
- initial page 123 virus
- how to unintsall initial123
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.