InspiringBackgrounds is a browser hijacker that claims to provide users with inspiring backgrounds. If you do not remember downloading it, InspiringBackgrounds might have been attached to some freeware you installed recently. If you did not notice it installing, then you must have used Default settings during the installation. When it is installed, InspiringBackgrounds will hijack your browser and alter certain settings, setting you search engine to MyWay. It’s not a reliable search engine and will insert loads of sponsored content into search results. It could also lead you to malicious website so we recommend you remove InspiringBackgrounds from your computer.
How does InspiringBackgrounds spread?
In case you don’t remember downloading InspiringBackgrounds, it probably infected your computer via freeware. This is a very popular spread method among browser hijacker, adware and unwanted program developers because users tend to carelessly install freeware. Most commonly, users use Default settings when they install something and that is a mistake. If something is attached to freeware, it will not be visible in those settings. The only way to see added items is to use Advanced or Custom settings. Those settings also allow you to prevent the installations of those items. Those items are very rarely useful to users so if it installed onto your computer, we recommend you delete InspiringBackgrounds.
Why delete InspiringBackgrounds?
If you choose to uninstall InspiringBackgrounds, you can use anti-malware software to do it. In case you don’t have it, you can take care of InspiringBackgrounds removal by hand. Bear in mind that you will need to erase InspiringBackgrounds related programs.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove InspiringBackgroundsUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall InspiringBackgrounds. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like InspiringBackgrounds and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall InspiringBackgrounds and related programs.
Remove InspiringBackgrounds from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall InspiringBackgrounds from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete InspiringBackgrounds from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove InspiringBackgrounds from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for InspiringBackgrounds or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete InspiringBackgrounds from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase InspiringBackgrounds from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove InspiringBackgrounds from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall InspiringBackgrounds from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable InspiringBackgrounds and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.