What is iPrivate Multi Search?
iPrivate Multi Search is promoted as a search tool that does not record your search history. It is presented on the Ienjoyapps.com/utilities/iprivate website. The app usually comes with several other extensions including iPrivate Search Plus, iPrivate Search, and iPrivate Now. Regardless of how the application is promoted, it still falls into the categories of potentially unwanted and ad-supported software. The goal of the search tool is not to improve your online experience, but rather to generate online traffic. That is how the creators of the program earn revenue. If you wish to eliminate iPrivate Multi Search from your browsers, this article can help you with that.
How does iPrivate Multi Search work?
Despite the fact that the program is presented on Ienjorapps.com, it is also known travel in free software bundles. Freeware and shareware are often accompanied by potentially unwanted apps that are used to monetize the free services. That is why it is important to pay attention to the installation process every time that you deal with software downloaded from third party sources. You can avoid unwanted apps by choosing the Advanced mode and deselecting all components that are unnecessary for the installation to be complete.
Once the tool gets installed, it will modify your browser settings including your home page and default search provider. You will also notice other changes like an increased amount of advertising data in your browsers. The ads will appear on your screen no matter where you go online. You will encounter pop-ups, banners, coupons, and so on. These adverts will not only slow down your browsing, but they will also expose you to various scams. Differentiating between fake and legitimate ads may be more difficult than you think. To avoid the risk of falling for a scam, we suggest staying away from all advertisements at least until you terminate iPrivate Multi Search.
How to remove iPrivate Multi Search?
You can remove iPrivate Multi Search from your system manually or automatically. Luckily, the app is not malicious, so you should be able to uninstall iPrivate Multi Search by following the instructions of the manual removal guide provided on our page. You should know, however, that the application may not be the only threat in your system. That is why we advise going for the automatic removal method instead. To erase iPrivate Multi Search automatically, you will need to use an anti-malware utility. The software from our page can help you scan your computer, detect all issues, and delete iPrivate Multi Search with them. It will also protect your PC from other online parasites as long as you keep it installed and updated.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove iPrivate Multi SearchUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall iPrivate Multi Search. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like iPrivate Multi Search and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall iPrivate Multi Search and related programs.
Remove iPrivate Multi Search from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall iPrivate Multi Search from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete iPrivate Multi Search from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove iPrivate Multi Search from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for iPrivate Multi Search or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete iPrivate Multi Search from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase iPrivate Multi Search from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove iPrivate Multi Search from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall iPrivate Multi Search from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable iPrivate Multi Search and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.