Iqasearch.com Removal Guide
Iqasearch.com is a browser hijacker that can change your browser settings replacing their home page and default search engine. This hijacker is very similar to Surfpageing.com, Yoursites123.com, Mysurfing123.com, and more. It affects all major web browsers including Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer.
The hijacker travels bundled with free third party software and usually gets installed without computer user’s notice. Its main goal is to generate online traffic. It employs pay-per-click system, so every time you click on one of its adverts, the developers of the hijacker make profit. If you do not want to deal with never-ending advertisements, you should delete Iqasearch.com from your browsers.
How does Iqasearch.com work?
The main symptom of the hijacker is the settings modification in all of your browsers. Your home page and default search provider get switched to Iqasearch.com. This page contains nothing but a search box, and if you enter a query into it, you will be presented with results powered by Yahoo Search. This search engine is reliable, however, in the results you will also notice sponsored ads and links that may belong to the hijacker. If you do not want to risk clicking on fake adverts, avoid all commercial data. This goes for all sites that you visit, not just the results page.
In addition to browser settings modifications and unreliable ads, you will also experience redirects to unfamiliar pages. The hijacker may reroute you in the middle of your browsing for no apparent reason. This will noticeably slow down your Internet surfing speed. You should also keep in mind that the application with which the hijacker entered your system is very likely to use up a lot of your system resources, so your computer performance may be negatively affected as well. If you want to eliminate all of these symptoms, you will have to uninstall Iqasearch.com.
How to remove Iqasearch.com?
We advise that you implement the anti-malware tool provided on our page and terminate Iqasearch.com automatically. If you download the malware remover, it will scan your system and detect all of its issues. You will then be able to remove Iqasearch.com along with other unwanted files and programs. In addition to that, you will also make sure that your computer has reliable online protection that can keep it safeguarded from various Trojans, spyware, rootkits, and other unwanted infections. Alternatively, you can eliminate Iqasearch.com using instructions presented in the manual removal guide below the article. First, you will have to uninstall the hijacker’s related program and then delete Iqasearch.com from your browsers. Afterwards, you may also want to check your PC with a malware scanner to make sure that the manual removal was a success.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove iqasearch.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall iqasearch.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like iqasearch.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall iqasearch.com and related programs.
Remove iqasearch.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall iqasearch.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete iqasearch.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove iqasearch.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for iqasearch.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete iqasearch.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase iqasearch.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove iqasearch.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall iqasearch.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable iqasearch.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.