About this threat
isearchnow.com is a dubious search engine, promoted by a browser hijacker. If you find it on your computer, there is no need to be too worried. Browser hijacker infections are not very serious and generally are more annoying than harmful. However, they are not completely harmless. While directly they cannot damage your system, they perform redirects to websites that could be inhabiting malware.
This could lead to a serious infection on your computer. And even if a hijacker was fully harmless, it still does not belong on your computer. It makes changes to your browser, sets its promoted websites as your homepage and new tabs and then proceeds to redirect you. And you didn’t even consent to installing it. It was attached to freeware as an additional offer and you failed to deselect it, which allowed it to install. For these reasons, we recommend you delete isearchnow.com.
Hijacker spread methods
Browser hijackers are attached to freeware as extra offers and in order to prevent them from installing, you need to manually deselect them. In order to do that, access Advanced or Custom settings and you will see everything that has been added. If there is nothing, you can proceed to install the freeware. However, if you do notice that something has been added, ensure that you uncheck all the boxes first and only then proceed to install the program. Do not let any unnecessary programs to slip past you. They are hidden there for a reason and you do not want them on your device.
Why remove isearchnow.com?
When the hijacker enters your computer, it will make changes to your browser and set its endorsed website as your homepage and new tabs. You will quickly realize that those changes are made without permission and are irreversible unless you first uninstall isearchnow.com. As is usual with these websites, they promote a search engine. If you were to use it, you’d quickly notice that weird results will show up among legitimate results. They might lead to weird pages so that it could generate traffic for the owners of those pages. We’ve mentioned this before, but hijackers are not malicious themselves. However, they do not check whether the websites you will be led to are safe so some could lead you to something malicious. This could lead to a malware infection and you might not even notice until it’s too late. And it’s nothing useful in any case, thus delete isearchnow.com.
It’s important that you remove isearchnow.com fully and in order to do that you must ensure that all of its components are eliminated. If you use anti-spyware software to uninstall isearchnow.com, that would be the quickest method. Manual isearchnow.com removal is completely possible but may be difficult to achieve as you’d need to locate it yourself.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove IsearchNow.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall IsearchNow.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like IsearchNow.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall IsearchNow.com and related programs.
Remove IsearchNow.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall IsearchNow.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete IsearchNow.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove IsearchNow.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for IsearchNow.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete IsearchNow.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase IsearchNow.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove IsearchNow.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall IsearchNow.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable IsearchNow.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.