JohnyCryptor Ransomware Removal Tips (Uninstall JohnyCryptor Ransomware)
JohnyCryptor Ransomware is a yet another parasite that attempts to extort money from you by encoding your data. It infiltrates system through spam emails, fake adverts, freeware bundles, corrupted websites, and so on.
Once inside, it encrypts your files, which makes them no longer available to you, and then demands that you pay a ransom in order to get them back. Although these are not just empty threats and your files are indeed corrupted, you should not pay the cyber crooks a cent. What you should do as soon as you can is remove JohnyCryptor Ransomware.
JohnyCryptor Ransomware does not differ much from other programs of this type like TeslaCrypt, Cryptolocker, CryptoWall, and similar. Its main purpose is to convince you to pay the so-called ransom. This is done by encrypting your files with a strong algorithm. It adds the id-[randomID].Johnycryptor@aol.com.xtbl extension to all affected files, so you know exactly which files can no longer be accessed. Once the parasite completes the encryption process, it creates the “how to decrypt your files.txt” file and sets it as your desktop background.
The instructions written by the creators of the ransomware will appear on your screen at all times. They state that your computer has been encrypted and that in order to recover your data, you should contact them via email. They also threaten that the decryption key will only be kept on their servers for a week, after which it will be destroyed making it impossible for you to decode your files. It is clear that the hackers are trying to scare you into paying them, however, you should not fall for that. You should not waste your money. Instead, you should terminate JohnyCryptor Ransomware and try other ways of decrypting your files.
How to remove JohnyCryptor Ransomware?
In order to fully eliminate JohnyCryptor Ransomware from your system, you will have to use a malware prevention and removal tool. You can acquire the utility on our webpage. It will perform a scan and detect all malign elements present on your PC. The security software will not only delete JohnyCryptor Ransomware, but it will also remove other detected threats. It will continue to stay useful even after you delete JohnyCryptor Ransomware, because the anti-malware comes with real-time online protection and other beneficial features. Once you complete JohnyCryptor Ransomware removal, you can try recovering your files. If you have them backed up, there should be no troubles restoring them. If not, you can try Windows System Restore feature or free decryptors available online.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove JohnyCryptor RansomwareUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall JohnyCryptor Ransomware. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like JohnyCryptor Ransomware and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall JohnyCryptor Ransomware and related programs.
Remove JohnyCryptor Ransomware from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall JohnyCryptor Ransomware from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete JohnyCryptor Ransomware from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove JohnyCryptor Ransomware from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for JohnyCryptor Ransomware or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete JohnyCryptor Ransomware from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase JohnyCryptor Ransomware from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove JohnyCryptor Ransomware from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall JohnyCryptor Ransomware from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable JohnyCryptor Ransomware and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.