What is Journalaboutlife.org?
Journalaboutlife.org redirect is occurring because an adware application has been installed onto your computer. Adware is usually not harmful so there is no need to be too alarmed. However, you should be concerned with your installation habits because you essentially allowed Journalaboutlife.org to enter yourself. It was attached to free software in a way that allowed it to install alongside the software. Had you paid attention to the installation process, you may have been able to stop it from installing. Oftentimes, many users are not even aware that adware is present on their computers because it enters silently. Some even associate the redirects with malware. But adware is considered to be a low-level threat. It may, however, expose you to malicious content which could lead to a serious malware infection. If you wish to protect your system, we suggest you delete Journalaboutlife.org at once.
How did Journalaboutlife.org infect my computer?
Journalaboutlife.org was attached to free software as one of those optional items. It is set to install automatically so what you need to do is deselect it during free software installation. When you install software you obtain from the Internet, always use Advanced or Customs settings and pay close attention to the process. If there is anything attached, uncheck the boxes and you can then proceed to install the software safely. If you do not want to end up having to remove Journalaboutlife.org or similar, always be attentive and choose Advanced.
What does Journalaboutlife.org do?
If you have the adware installed onto your computer, you will be constantly redirected to Journalaboutlife.org. All major browsers will be affected, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox so it does not matter which browser you use. The redirects will only stop after you uninstall Journalaboutlife.org. The website you will be redirected to seems to be a news site with a search engine. It will have articles which we do not suggest you click on as who knows what kind of websites you will be led to. It most likely aims to generate pay-per-click revenue for sponsored sites. If you use the search engine, you will be led to Google, so there’s not much use in using it as you can just go to Google. Never use extensions/programs that appeared out of nowhere without your explicit permission. They will only bring trouble. And while Journalaboutlife.org adware is not malicious and a low-level threat, it can still cause problems. In general, adware tends to slow down the computer and make the browser crash more often because of the strain. To get your computer to return to normal, you will have to remove Journalaboutlife.org.
In order to delete Journalaboutlife.org, you may need to obtain anti-malware software. Automatic Journalaboutlife.org removal is the quickest option as the program will locate and uninstall Journalaboutlife.org for you. But you can also terminate Journalaboutlife.org manually and we will provide instructions to help you.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Journalaboutlife.orgUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Journalaboutlife.org. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Journalaboutlife.org and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Journalaboutlife.org and related programs.
Remove Journalaboutlife.org from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Journalaboutlife.org from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Journalaboutlife.org from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Journalaboutlife.org from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Journalaboutlife.org or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Journalaboutlife.org from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Journalaboutlife.org from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Journalaboutlife.org from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Journalaboutlife.org from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Journalaboutlife.org and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.