What is JS:Cryptonight?
JS:Cryptonight is a new cryptocurrency miner developed by malicious software creators to work exclusively on MacBooks. Like other threats of the same kind, its entrance is illegal. Also, it performs activities only in the background. Because of this, users do not find out about its entrance immediately.
Of course, it does not mean that this nasty infection cannot be spotted. If your computer has become sluggish and/or you can find suspicious processes in Task Manager, you should scan your system against malicious software. If it turns out that your PC is infected with JS:Cryptonight, you must delete JS:Cryptonight as soon as possible. If you do nothing, it will continue performing its malicious work. You will put an end to all those activities it performs only by implementing the full JS:Cryptonight removal. Most likely, you are reading this text to find out how to get rid of it, and we promise to tell you more about the JS:Cryptonight removal after we present this infection to you.
How does JS:Cryptonight work?
The main activity JS:Cryptonight performs on computers it infiltrates is mining cryptocurrency. This nasty infection might be used to mine Monero, Bitcoin, and other popular digital currencies. If you wonder how it does that, you should know one thing – it uses your computer’s resources. It needs as much computing power as it can get, so such threats are usually distributed quite actively. Since 90% of your CPU power will be used to mine cryptocurrency behind your back, your computer might start working in an undesirable way from the first day. For example, it might become very slow, you might no longer be able to use certain programs, and, finally, your Windows might get unresponsive periodically. Try not to worry – this can be fixed by fully implementing the JS:Cryptonight removal. We cannot promise that you will get rid of it easily, but we promise to help you erase it, so continue reading!
How did JS:Cryptonight enter my system?
Your computer is not protected enough if JS:Cryptonight has infiltrated your system, so do not forget to install a powerful security application on it after you uninstall JS:Cryptonight. It is hard to say how this threat has appeared on your PC, but there is no doubt that it has entered your system illegally. Also, it has been noticed that some users download and install cryptocurrency miners from the web themselves expecting that they could use them to earn some money. We can assure you that cyber criminals are not going to share the money with you, so go to delete JS:Cryptonight without any consideration.
How do I remove JS:Cryptonight?
It is possible to delete JS:Cryptonight manually, but it is unclear where all its files are located, so it might not be easy to find them. Therefore, if you do not have much knowledge about malware removal, it would be best that you use an anti-malware scanner to remove JS:Cryptonight from your computer. It should be emphasized that only 100% trustworthy scanners could help you, so make sure you install a reputable tool on your PC.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove JS:CryptonightUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall JS:Cryptonight. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like JS:Cryptonight and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Delete JS:Cryptonight using Safe Mode with Networking.
Remove JS:Cryptonight from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click on Start and select Shutdown.
- Choose Restart and click OK.
- Start tapping F8 when your PC starts loading.
- Under Advanced Boot Options, choose Safe Mode with Networking.
- Open your browser and download the anti-malware utility.
- Use the utility to remove JS:Cryptonight
Remove JS:Cryptonight from Windows 8/Windows 10
- On the Windows login screen, press the Power button.
- Tap and hold Shift and select Restart.
- Go to Troubleshoot → Advanced options → Start Settings.
- Choose Enable Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking under Startup Settings.
- Click Restart.
- Open your web browser and download the malware remover.
- Use the software to delete JS:Cryptonight
Step 2. Restore Your Files using System Restore
Delete JS:Cryptonight from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click Start and choose Shutdown.
- Select Restart and OK
- When your PC starts loading, press F8 repeatedly to open Advanced Boot Options
- Choose Command Prompt from the list.
- Type in cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and press Enter.
- Click Next in the new window and select the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next again and click Yes to begin the system restore.
Delete JS:Cryptonight from Windows 8/Windows 10
- Click the Power button on the Windows login screen.
- Press and hold Shift and click Restart.
- Choose Troubleshoot and go to Advanced options.
- Select Command Prompt and click Restart.
- In Command Prompt, input cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and tap Enter again.
- Click Next in the new System Restore window.
- Choose the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next and then click Yes to restore your system.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.