What is this malware?
Judy virus is malware that affected Android users. It has managed to infect a staggering amount of devices, the number possibly going up to 36.5 million. It is not the kind of malware that deletes or takes your files for hostage. What Judy does is use your device to secretly click on ads so that it could make profit. It was disguised as Android games available for download at the Google Play Store.
The malicious games have been up for a couple of years now and mostly they’ve been clean. However, specialists report that in 2016 they started slowly being updated to malware. It is now known whether the developers of the games are the ones who injected the code or whether it was done by someone else. In any case, make sure you check your device and if you find it, delete Judy virus.
How would one get infected?
The Judy virus was available on Google Play Store as various games. For example, Chef Judy, Fashion Judy, Animal Judy, etc. Those games are developed by a Korean company, Kiniwini, but it was called ENISTUDIO corp on Google Play. The reviews and ratings for those games were quite good, which could have contributed to the large number of infections. Users might have been used to make good review for the games, after all, we are more likely to download something if other people say it’s good and reliable. Google Play has not detected the malicious games because for the most part, they were clean. Only recently have they been updated to infected versions. You can find the list of affected games online and if you have it, make sure you remove Judy virus.
What does it do?
It won’t delete or encrypt your files, if that’s what you’re worried about. However, it will work in the background and click on ads to make income for the developers of this malware. The way it works is that it launches a browser app, loads a specific URL and clicks on ads. This generates pay-per-click revenue. The longer the malware is on your computer, the more money developers can make. There are reports that it also inserts advertisements onto other apps, which is even more annoying. You might be enjoying the game, but it’s not worth it. Ensure you uninstall Judy virus. It should also be noted that Google removed all 41 reportedly infected games.
Judy virus removal
To remove Judy virus, you simply need to uninstall the infected games. There 41 games affected so make sure you get rid of all of them. Only then will you be able to delete Judy virus. If you had anti-malware app on your device, it should be able to detect and take care of Judy virus removal for you, even before it could do anything.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Judy virusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Judy virus. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Judy virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Delete Judy virus using Safe Mode with Networking.
Remove Judy virus from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click on Start and select Shutdown.
- Choose Restart and click OK.
- Start tapping F8 when your PC starts loading.
- Under Advanced Boot Options, choose Safe Mode with Networking.
- Open your browser and download the anti-malware utility.
- Use the utility to remove Judy virus
Remove Judy virus from Windows 8/Windows 10
- On the Windows login screen, press the Power button.
- Tap and hold Shift and select Restart.
- Go to Troubleshoot → Advanced options → Start Settings.
- Choose Enable Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking under Startup Settings.
- Click Restart.
- Open your web browser and download the malware remover.
- Use the software to delete Judy virus
Step 2. Restore Your Files using System Restore
Delete Judy virus from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click Start and choose Shutdown.
- Select Restart and OK
- When your PC starts loading, press F8 repeatedly to open Advanced Boot Options
- Choose Command Prompt from the list.
- Type in cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and press Enter.
- Click Next in the new window and select the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next again and click Yes to begin the system restore.
Delete Judy virus from Windows 8/Windows 10
- Click the Power button on the Windows login screen.
- Press and hold Shift and click Restart.
- Choose Troubleshoot and go to Advanced options.
- Select Command Prompt and click Restart.
- In Command Prompt, input cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and tap Enter again.
- Click Next in the new System Restore window.
- Choose the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next and then click Yes to restore your system.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.