JuicyLemon ransomware virus Removal Guide (Uninstall JuicyLemon ransomware virus)
JuicyLemon ransomware virus is a file-encrypting parasite that is similar to other members of this group such as JigSaw, CryptoHitman, PacMan, and more. It gets distributed through spam emails, fake adverts, malicious websites, corrupted links, and so on.
After the harmful application infiltrates your PC, it runs a malign executable file and encrypts your data. The purpose of the encryption is to make the files inaccessible to you. The malware then presents you with a solution: all you need to do is purchase the private key, which supposedly will unlock your data. We urge you not to do that. Instead, you should terminate JuicyLemon ransomware virus as soon as you can.
How does JuicyLemon ransomware virus work?
The threat is usually located in the infected computer’s %AppData%, %System%, %Temp%, %Roaming%, %Common%, or %(User’s Profile)% folder. It creates registry entries to run automatically each time that you turn on your PC. The parasite then uses a strong encryption algorithm to corrupt the following file formats: .png, .pdf, .exe, .srt, .avi, .flv, .m4v, .mov, .mp3, .mpa, .iso, .ppt, .rar, .txt, .doc, .jpg, and others. All encrypted files have the “[user’s ID]email@example.com_email2_provectus@protonmail.com_BitMessage_BM-NBRCUPTenKgYbLVCAfeVUHVsHFK6Ue2F” extension added to them, so you will notice them right away.
The ransomware also creates a ransom note and names it “Read me now!”. This file contains information on what has happened to your files and explains that in order to restore them you need to contact the hackers via email. If you actually do that, you will receive a response stating that you can purchase the file decoder for 1000 euros. This is completely outrageous and there is no question that you should not waste your money in such a way, especially considering that there are no guarantees when it comes to cyber criminals. You should eliminate JuicyLemon ransomware virus without further delay.
How to remove JuicyLemon ransomware virus?
The only safe way to delete JuicyLemon ransomware virus completely is by implementing a malware prevention and removal tool. The anti-malware, which you can acquire on our page, will scan your system, detect all malign components, and delete JuicyLemon ransomware virus along with them. It will also protect your PC from other parasites crawling online. You should know that JuicyLemon ransomware virus removal does not guarantee that you files will be recovered. However, after you remove JuicyLemon ransomware virus, you can try restoring your data with such decryptors as Photorec, R-Studio, Kaspersky tools, or others. You may also try the Shadow Volume Copies feature or restore your files from backup.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove JuicyLemon ransomware virusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall JuicyLemon ransomware virus. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like JuicyLemon ransomware virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall JuicyLemon ransomware virus and related programs.
Remove JuicyLemon ransomware virus from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall JuicyLemon ransomware virus from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete JuicyLemon ransomware virus from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove JuicyLemon ransomware virus from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for JuicyLemon ransomware virus or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete JuicyLemon ransomware virus from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase JuicyLemon ransomware virus from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove JuicyLemon ransomware virus from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall JuicyLemon ransomware virus from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable JuicyLemon ransomware virus and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.