About this threat
Kergaukr.com promotes one of those scams that tries to get user personal information in exchange for a supposed gift. Pop-ups with this URL might appear because you were redirected from some questionable website, or because adware has infected your computer.
Whichever case it may be, do not engage with this scam, and never provide your personal information to random parties on the Internet. Your personal data is valuable, not only to you but also to cyber crooks, so be careful about who has access to it. The pop-up will claim that you have been chosen to participate in some kind game to win a reward. If you press ‘OK’, you will be able to play the game. You will definitely win something, and in order to reclaim the prize, you are asked to provide your personal information, which may not seem unusual as how else would they send you the prize. However, whatever you have ‘won’ will definitely not be sent to you. Instead, your personal data will be sold/shared with dubious parties, and you can expect scam attempts in some form. If you are dealing with adware, the pop-ups might be a regular occurrence, and to make them stop, you would need to delete Kergaukr.com adware.
Why are you seeing the pop-ups?
If you were visiting a dubious website during the redirect, it was likely just a one time thing. However, adware could also be the cause. If it is, you are probably seeing an increase in ads in general. Adware could have entered your computer via freeware bundles. If may have been attached to some free program that you installed, and because you did not deselect it, it installed. If you want to prevent these kind of infections in the future, you need to be more attentive when installing free programs. If you don’t intend to read all the information provided during program installation, at least make sure you opt for Advanced or Custom settings. Those settings will allow you to review all attached offers, and if need be, deselect them. We would recommend you closely review the items you want to install, and make sure they will not become unpleasant surprises.
The people behind these pop-ups are intending to gain your personal information. More advanced computer users will immediately see it as it is, a scam. However, those who are not regular Internet users might fall for them, and end up giving away their sensitive information. This particular pop-up will claim that you have been chosen to participate in a game to win a prize. Likely, you will be asked to spin the wheel with various prizes on it. If you spin it, you will probably win something, and since they have to send you the prize somehow, your contact information will be asked. If you scroll down, you will see comments from various ‘winners’, claiming that they thought it was a scam too but actually received the prizes. It’s not difficult to write fake reviews, and there in no reason to trust them. One thing to remember when browsing the Internet is that no one will give you anything for free, no matter how convincing it may seem. Be very careful about who gets access your personal information, and never provide it to dubious parties.
To uninstall Kergaukr.com adware, anti-spyware may be needed. It is advised to invest into the program for those who have less experience when it comes to computers. The program would take care of it for you. However, if you wish to remove Kergaukr.com manually, you can also proceed with that. To help you, we will provide instructions below this article.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Kergaukr.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Kergaukr.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Kergaukr.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Kergaukr.com and related programs.
Remove Kergaukr.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Kergaukr.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Kergaukr.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Kergaukr.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Kergaukr.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Kergaukr.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Kergaukr.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Kergaukr.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Kergaukr.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Kergaukr.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.