KMS virus Removal Tips
KMS virus may be sometimes referred to as a malicious parasite, but it actually falls into the category of potentially unwanted apps. Keep in mind, however, that just because it cannot damage your PC on its own, does not mean that it is harmless.
The application spreads online using such deceptive tactics as fake adverts and freeware bundles. Once installed, it starts flooding you with misleading ads and fake alerts. If you click on them, you risk infecting your computer with other PUPs or even malware. There is no question that you should remove KMS virus as soon as you can.
How does KMS virus work?
As it has been mentioned above, the program travels in free software bundles and it may enter your system, if you follow the instructions presented by a fake notification. If you know that the app has entered your PC through a bogus advert, it is possible that you already had an ad-supported on your computer. If, however, you think that it got access to your system when you were installing other freeware, you may want to know how to avoid similar issues in the future. During free software installation, you should choose the Advanced mode, whenever you can, and decline all optional offers presented to you.
Once KMS virus gets installed, it starts its disruptive activities. The program may alter your browser settings including your home page and default search provider. It may also cause redirects to unreliable websites in the middle of your surfing. The main symptom of the infection, however, is the fake adverts that look like legitimate Windows alerts. These false notifications attempt to convince users that they have to download software packages or updates for their programs. If you fall for this trick, instead of the promised useful tools, you will receive potentially unwanted or even malicious apps. Needless to say, you should avoid all suspicious ads, alerts, and notifications until you terminate KMS virus.
How to remove KMS virus?
We recommend that you use a powerful anti-malware tool to delete KMS virus and clean your PC from other threats. It is rather likely that you have more than one unwanted program in your system, which is why we recommend automatic KMS virus removal. If you download the security software from our page, it will scan your PC, detect all of its issues, and delete KMS virus along with them. Moreover, it will provide your system with real-time online protection. Alternatively, you can try to uninstall KMS virus manually by using the instructions provided below. If manual removal option does not bring the desired results, you should make use of a malware prevention and removal tool.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove KMS virusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall KMS virus. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like KMS virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall KMS virus and related programs.
Remove KMS virus from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall KMS virus from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete KMS virus from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove KMS virus from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for KMS virus or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete KMS virus from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase KMS virus from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove KMS virus from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall KMS virus from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable KMS virus and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.