KratosCrypt Removal Guide (Uninstall .Kratos file virus)
KratosCrypt, also known as .Kratos file virus, is a ransomware infection that aims at extorting money from you. It works in a similar manner to other malicious programs of this type like Apocalypse, CryptoWall, TeslaCrypt, Cryptolocker, and more.
The parasite spreads through corrupted websites, fake ads and links, malign email attachments, and so on. It uses the asymmetric encryption algorithm to encode your files. The files become inaccessible to anyone who does not have a decryption key.
The cyber crooks then urge you to purchase the decryption program from them. There is no need for you to waste your money, because you can decrypt your files for free. You will also have to remove KratosCrypt from your system completely.
How does KratosCrypt work?
As soon as the threat infiltrates your PC, it creates a Windows Registry entry that allows it to auto-run each time you turn on your computer. It then begins the encryption process and adds the .kratos extension to all files that it corrupts. The list includes various file formats such as documents, images, videos, databases, and more. After the encryption is over, the ransomware creates multiple README_ALL.html files and adds them to all folders that contain encoded data. These files explain what has happened to your files and how you can recover them.
The ransom note states that in order to decrypt your files you have to purchase the Kratos Decryptor program. Its price is set to 0.03 Bitcoin, which at the moment is about $20. Although compared to the amounts demanded by other ransomware that is not a lot of money, you still should not waste it, because there is another way of restoring your files without you having to make a payment. Michael Gillepsie has developed a decryptor that can recover your data by generating the private decryption key. This program is called Hidden Tear Decryptor and you can download it online for free. As for the malign application itself, you should terminate .Kratos file virus without delay.
How to remove .Kratos file virus?
There is no question that it is not enough to simply restore your files, you have to delete .Kratos file virus as well. The only way to successfully delete KratosCrypt from your system is by implementing a malware prevention and removal utility. The anti-malware can be acquired from your webpage and if you make use of it, you will not only uninstall KratosCrypt, but also get rid of other harmful components that the software detects. In addition to KratosCrypt removal, the security tool will provide your system with real-time protection, so that you do not have to worry about similar issues again.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove .Kratos file virusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall .Kratos file virus. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like .Kratos file virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall .Kratos file virus and related programs.
Remove .Kratos file virus from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall .Kratos file virus from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete .Kratos file virus from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove .Kratos file virus from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for .Kratos file virus or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete .Kratos file virus from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase .Kratos file virus from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove .Kratos file virus from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall .Kratos file virus from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable .Kratos file virus and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.