LeChiffre Virus Removal Guide (Uninstall LeChiffre Virus)
LeChiffre Virus is classified as a ransomware infection that has been spreading online since June, 2015. It gets distributed by getting installed in hacked servers. The main purpose of the parasite is the same as of the other ransomware and that is to extort money from you. To achieve this goal, it encrypts your data and demands a ransom to be paid for it.
The threat uses the AES algorithm and encrypts the first and last 8192 bytes of the target file. The encrypted files cannot be accessed by you any longer. You should remove LeChiffre Virus from your computer and decode your data as soon as you can.
How does LeChiffre Virus work?
LeChiffre Virus starts data encryption right after it slithers into your computer. It corrupts your photos, videos, archives, databases, and other files. All corrupted files have the .lechiffre extension added to them. The malware also adds a ransom note to all folders containing these files and names it “_How to decrypt LeChiffre files.html”. This note states that your important files have been encrypted with a strong cipher and AES. It also claims that the free decryptors are useless and that the only way to restore your data is by contacting the developers of the malware via email.
We do not recommend following the instructions of cyber criminals. There are no guarantees that they will restore your files, even if you do make the payment. There are other ways you can try to recover your data without dealing with the hackers. Emsisoft has developed a tool specifically for this infection called Decrypt LeChiffre. McAfee Labs has also created a similar utility called LeChiffre Decryptor. Both of these tools are available online for free. In case they do not work, you can try other file-recovery software or the Windows System Restore feature. Please note that after you recover your files, you still have to delete LeChiffre Virus.
How to remove LeChiffre Virus?
As it has already been mentioned, you should complete LeChiffre Virus removal as soon as possible. You can delete LeChiffre Virus from your computer with the help of the anti-malware utility presented on our website. It will scan your computer and detect all malicious elements. The anti-malware will not only terminate LeChiffre Virus, but it will also make sure that other unsafe files and programs are eliminated from your system as well. In addition to LeChiffre Virus removal, the security software will provide your PC with online protection in real time, so that you do not have to worry about similar parasites infiltrating your computer again.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove LeChiffre VirusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall LeChiffre Virus. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like LeChiffre Virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version. More...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
What is Bitdefender Antivirus Software? Bitdefender is an anti-virus application that provides advanced protection against Internet-based threats. You can choose between Bitdefender Anti-Virus Plus, ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall LeChiffre Virus and related programs.
Remove LeChiffre Virus from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall LeChiffre Virus from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete LeChiffre Virus from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove LeChiffre Virus from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for LeChiffre Virus or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete LeChiffre Virus from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase LeChiffre Virus from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove LeChiffre Virus from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall LeChiffre Virus from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable LeChiffre Virus and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.