Letssearch.com Removal Tips (Delete Letssearch.com)
Letssearch.com is categorized as a browser hijacker, which can disrupt your online surfing experience. It is used as an advertising-supported platform. The hijacker inserts commercials into your browsers and causes other disturbances. Its main symptom is the modification of your browser settings such as your home page and default search engine.
The hijacker is compatible with all popular browsers. It spreads with the help of freeware and shareware. You will not be able to surf the Web the way you used to as long as it is in your system. We suggest that you uninstall Letssearch.com right away.
How does Letssearch.com work?
Letssearch.com can hijack your browsers after you install free third party software. It may also infiltrate your system, if you trust a fake advert, download spam email attachment, etc. Once the hijacker takes over, it sets your home page and default search provider to Letssearch.com. The website itself does not look suspicious at all. In fact, it looks like any other search page. If you enter a query into the search box that is presented on it, you will get redirected to the results page that will contain sponsored links.
It is important that you stay away from all sponsored content that is brought to you by the hijacker no matter where you see it. The pop-ups, banners, hyperlinks, and other ads will appear on your screen no matter which page you open. They belong to third parties and could be completely fake. If you do not want to risk infecting your computer with potentially unwanted or even malicious programs, you should stay away from all ads suggesting that you need to update your browser, flash player, etc. You should also be wary of various lotteries and surveys as they may be used to collect your personal data by untrustworthy third parties. If you want to eliminate the suspicious ads and restore your browser settings, you have to terminate Letssearch.com.
How to remove Letssearch.com?
If you wish to remove Letssearch.com from your browsers, you will have to choose one of the two following options: manual or automatic removal. The instructions that are presented below can help you delete Letssearch.com related application and restore your browser settings, in case you choose the first option. However, if you want to not only erase Letssearch.com, but also get rid of other threats that may be present in your system, you should go with automatic Letssearch.com removal instead. Download the anti-malware tool and let it take care of your computer. It will clean your system and protect it from similar and more dangerous infections in the future.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Letssearch.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Letssearch.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Letssearch.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Letssearch.com and related programs.
Remove Letssearch.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Letssearch.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Letssearch.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Letssearch.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Letssearch.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Letssearch.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Letssearch.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Letssearch.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Letssearch.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Letssearch.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.