lf-scan.com Removal Tips (Uninstall lf-scan.com)
lf-scan.com is a browser hijacker that is completely identical to Globososo.com. Both of these hijackers are powered by Kingtale Technology, Inc. and both of them are promoted as search tools that can return the best results from the leading search providers like Google, Bing, and Yahoo. Unfortunately, that is not all that they do.
lf-scan.com causes various disruptions by not only altering your browser settings without your approval, but also by inserting ads into your favorite sites, redirecting you to its sponsors, and so on. Web traffic generation is the main purpose of the hijacker, which is why it takes these unwanted actions. If you wish to return to uninterrupted online surfing, you should terminate lf-scan.com as soon as possible.
How does lf-scan.com work?
Once the hijacker infiltrates your system, it sets lf-scan.com as your home page and default search provider. The website contains a Globososo logo, a search box with such parameters as Web, Images, Videos, and News, and quick access buttons to popular sites like Twitter, Facebook, Amazon, and some others. It also allows you to choose from several languages. If you make use of the presented search box, you will be rerouted to searches.globososo.com. This page will provide you with results that will mostly consist of sponsored ads and links. You will not be able to search the Web efficiently. Moreover, the sponsored content may not be completely reliable.
Other symptoms that the hijacker will cause include flooding you with commercials and rerouting you to unfamiliar websites. These activities will considerably slow down your Internet connection. Worse than that, however, the commercial data brought to you by the hijacker is not monitored by anyone, so it can be false. You may be exposed to various virtual scams aimed at extorting your money, infecting your PC with malware, and so on. If you do not want to risk your computer’s safety, we recommend that you delete lf-scan.com from your browsers.
How to remove lf-scan.com?
To eliminate lf-scan.com from your browsers, you will have to choose between manual and automatic removal options. If you decide to remove lf-scan.com manually, you will need to uninstall its related program first. Once you do that, you should be able to restore your web browser settings. You can use the instructions presented below the article to complete these tasks. Another option you can go with is automatic lf-scan.com removal. To complete it, you will have to download and implement the malware remover from our page. It will scan your computer and detect the hijacker’s related application as well as other unwanted files and programs present on your PC. You will then be able to delete lf-scan.com along with other threats. Moreover, the utility also functions as a malware prevention tool, so it will stay useful in the future.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove lf-scan.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall lf-scan.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like lf-scan.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version. More...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
What is Bitdefender Antivirus Software? Bitdefender is an anti-virus application that provides advanced protection against Internet-based threats. You can choose between Bitdefender Anti-Virus Plus, ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall lf-scan.com and related programs.
Remove lf-scan.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall lf-scan.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete lf-scan.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove lf-scan.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for lf-scan.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete lf-scan.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase lf-scan.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove lf-scan.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall lf-scan.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable lf-scan.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.