Links-yahoo.com is a suspicious search engine, also classified as a browser hijacker. It can enter your computer if you install freeware and it has Links-yahoo.com attached to it. Usually users are not even aware of Links-yahoo.com entering their computers. It will make unwanted changes to your browser and redirect you to sponsored websites. Despite what many users might think, Links-yahoo.com is not a malicious computer virus. It will not directly harm your computer. However, it can expose you to dangerous content and you could end up downloading malware. It will not provide you with useful services so we recommend you delete Links-yahoo.com.
Why must I uninstall Links-yahoo.com?
First of all, you need to be aware of how Links-yahoo.com got into your computer so that it doesn’t happen again. Items like Links-yahoo.com come bundled with free software. They are attached in a way that allows them to go unnoticed if the user chooses Default settings during freeware installation. If you want to control what gets installed onto your computer, choose Advanced or Custom settings. Those settings will allow you to deselect any added items and you can proceed with installing freeware.
A browser hijacker exists to generate traffic for certain websites. So what it will do is redirect you to those sponsored websites. In order to do that, it needs to alter your browser’s settings and set its domain as your homepage, new tabs and search engine. It can hijack any of the leading browsers, including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Safari, and will prevent you from making changes to it. You would first need to remove Links-yahoo.com and then manually change settings. The search engine provides users Custom Google results, which basically means that it will fill results with sponsored content. You need to be careful not to press on any ads or weird websites because you can never know where you will end up. You could even be taken to a dangerous website where you could accidentally download malware onto your computer. Links-yahoo.com does not provide you with any useful features, and it can even expose you to unsafe content. Which is why we strongly suggest you remove Links-yahoo.com as soon as possible.
To fully uninstall Links-yahoo.com, we suggest you use anti-malware software. It will take care of Links-yahoo.com removal without you having to do anything. If you do not have such a program on your computer, you can also delete Links-yahoo.com manually. It takes a bit more time but you should be able to erase Links-yahoo.com yourself.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Links-yahoo.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Links-yahoo.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Links-yahoo.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Links-yahoo.com and related programs.
Remove Links-yahoo.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Links-yahoo.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Links-yahoo.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Links-yahoo.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Links-yahoo.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Links-yahoo.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Links-yahoo.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Links-yahoo.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Links-yahoo.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Links-yahoo.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.