iLivid.com Removal Tips (Delete iLivid.com)
iLivid.com is a webpage where you can download a potentially unwanted program (PUP) in a form of a toolbar called iLivid. Although some people might initially think that the PUP can be rather useful, the facts are against this. The program should not be downloaded and used because of various modifications it does to your browser. But, first of all, we should describe the features that lure the users to download the application in the first place.
Well, basically, this is a download manager. It should help users download all sorts of videos from various pages. In its official page, the developers write: “Experience faster downloading and immediate viewing with an awesome Free Download Manager”. As we can see, the application should do its job quickly and give you the opportunity to watch the downloaded content immediately. However, this is not what the application has been designed for. Our security team has discovered a few notable facts against the usage of iLivid.
Why is iLivid.com dangerous?
The application is very intrusive. Do you know why? You see, upon its installation, you will get not only the program but also a bunch of things you did not plan to acquire. If you choose the Recommended or similar installation process, you will end up having some intruders. Firstly, your homepage, new tab, and default search provider will be changed into searchnu.com or any other browser hijacker. Also, there will be another toolbar downloaded called Search-Result toolbar (there may be even more toolbars downloaded). Because you will have a browser hijacker on you PC, your personal and non-personal information might be collected and used for unknown purposes. Your banking details may even leak to the hands of cyber criminals who will make sure that you suffer from monetary loss! What is more, you may start seeing commercial advertisements that were not there before. It is clearly seen that iLivid.com removal must take place.
How did my computer get infected with iLivid.com?
This PUP is usually downloaded from it official page, iLivid.com. many users are very inattentive when they download free software and do not choose Advanced or Custom installation options. This leads to having browser hijackers, adware, and other potentially unwanted programs on the PC system. So, after you remove iLivid.com, start being a lot more careful with your activities on the Internet. Do not install suspicious applications and never skip steps during the process of software installation.
How to remove iLivid.com from my PC?
You can delete iLivid.com quite easily if you acquire a malware and spyware removal tool. A professional tool is the best choice because it will uninstall iLivid.com and other suspicious applications that have attacked your PC, including the useless browser hijacker and other malicious toolbars. You will not see dangerous commercial advertisements again and will enjoy infection-free browsing. Manual removal is not as effective as the automatic method.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove lp.ilivid.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall lp.ilivid.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like lp.ilivid.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall lp.ilivid.com and related programs.
Remove lp.ilivid.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall lp.ilivid.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete lp.ilivid.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove lp.ilivid.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for lp.ilivid.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete lp.ilivid.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase lp.ilivid.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove lp.ilivid.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall lp.ilivid.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable lp.ilivid.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.