Lrcnta.exe Removal Tips (Delete Lrcnta.exe)
As you may guess from its name, is an executable file that is a part of a bigger picture. It is a process that is linked to Linkury Smart Bar and SmartBar ads, which can be classified as potentially unwanted programs (PUPs). You see, when a program is installed on your PC, it has a lot of different files that are responsible for different tasks.
The purpose of Lrcnta.exe should be helping to make your browsing experience better, but the reality might be different. As the file is connected to potentially unwanted applications, its presence cannot mean anything good. Our security team advises you to remove Lrcnta.exe and to delete all the programs related to it as soon as possible.
Why is Lrcnta.exe dangerous?
Actually, the executable file and the applications it is related to are not dangerous by themselves. They just simply open the gates to your computer for malware and other threats. Although Linkury Smart Bar looks quite beneficial, it is just a tactic to make you keep it while it floods your computer with third-party ads. It is also strongly related to Snap.do toolbar and browser hijacker that can cause unwanted redirections. So, although the file itself is presented as useful, it can slow down the performance of your computer. That is because it collects your browsing information like search history, and is active all the time. Also, it may be related to the advertisements that are displayed by PUPs. In that case, you might get infected with viruses, malware, and even dangerous Trojans. As you can see, keeping the file or its programs is dangerous, and for this reason you should delete Lrcnta.exe.
How did my computer get infected with Lrcnta.exe?
The executable file gets installed on your computer together with Linkury Smart Bar, so you have probably got it from freeware bundles. However, there is a possibility to download the program from its official pages linkury.com and linkurysmartbar.com, but this is definitely not the case regarding the majority of the infections. Usually, people install PUPs on their computers accidentally because they do not pay enough attention to the installation process. Some even end up with more than one PUP, especially those who do not possess a reliable anti-malware and anti-spyware application. Uninstall Lrcnta.exe and be more careful in future.
How to remove Lrcnta.exe from my PC?
Lrcnta.exe removal should be done via Control Panel by deleting the applications that the file belongs to. You can scan your computer with a spyware and malware removal tool so that you would know which programs should be eliminated. If you want the best results, you can let the security tool do all the work for you.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Lrcnta.exeUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Lrcnta.exe. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Lrcnta.exe and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Lrcnta.exe and related programs.
Remove Lrcnta.exe from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Lrcnta.exe from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Lrcnta.exe from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Lrcnta.exe from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Lrcnta.exe or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Lrcnta.exe from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Lrcnta.exe from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Lrcnta.exe from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Lrcnta.exe from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Lrcnta.exe and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.