About Lucky Search
Lucky Search is your typical browser hijacker that appears on your computer without your explicit permission. If you are confused about how it managed to enter your computer, we can assure that it did not use some complex method. It was merely attached to free software that you installed, and you did not notice it. If attached items go unseen, they are authorized to install. And without you even noticing.
Thankfully, hijackers are not malicious. However, they can sometimes expose you to dangerous content. Lucky Search might not necessarily do this but it is better to be safe than sorry. And anyway, the hijacker will not provide anything useful. It will make unwanted changes to your browser, set Lucky Search as your homepage and possibly collect information about your browsing habits. Even if it does not endanger your computer by itself, we recommend you remove Lucky Search as soon as you notice it.
Should you uninstall Lucky Search?
Lucky Search will appear in your browser every time you open it. This will happen to all leading browsers installed on your computer and that includes Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. As soon as you notice this happening, locate and delete Lucky Search. If you do not do this, you will be stuck with Lucky Search as your homepage and new tabs. The provided search engine is supposedly aimed at users who want to find good deals when shopping but all it does is redirect you to Yahoo Search. If you need to use Yahoo Search, you can go there directly, there is no need to use some weird page that entered your computer without your permission. Also, it may be monitoring your browsing activities and collecting data relating to your browsing habits. This data could then be sold to third parties who would use it for advertisement purposes. There really is no need to keep this hijacker on your computer as it will not bring anything useful to you. Remove Lucky Search and you can return to regular browsing.
Many users are wondering how hijackers even manage to enter computers and it really is rather simple. They are attached to free programs you obtain from the Internet and are set to install alongside. In order to prevent them from installing, you need to use Advanced or Custom settings and manually deselect them. All you have to do is uncheck those boxes that appear in Advanced settings and once that is done, you can proceed with free software installation. Always use those settings because otherwise, you will be stuck with having to uninstall Lucky Search and similar all the time.
Lucky Search removal
Lucky Search removal should not cause trouble if you know how to do it. You will find instructions to help you delete Lucky Search manually below this report but you will have to find the hijacker yourself. The process would be easier if you obtained professional removal software and allowed it to erase Lucky Search for you.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Lucky SearchUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Lucky Search. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Lucky Search and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Lucky Search and related programs.
Remove Lucky Search from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Lucky Search from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Lucky Search from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Lucky Search from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Lucky Search or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Lucky Search from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Lucky Search from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Lucky Search from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Lucky Search from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Lucky Search and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.