Locky ransomware is back
Lukitus ransomware virus is an updated version of the infamous Locky ransomware. If you get your computer infected with this ransomware, you will know because the majority of your files will have the .lukitus extension added to them. You will be unable to open your files and will then be asked to pay for a tool that will decrypt your files.
While paying might seem like a tempting option, you must remember that you are dealing with cyber crooks who could not care less about your files. The most likely scenario to occur is you pay the ransom and get nothing in return. Instead of complying with the demands, you should delete Lukitus ransomware virus. If you had backup prior to the infection, you can recover your files from there but only after you remove Lukitus ransomware virus.
How does infection happen?
Ransomware usually spreads via spam emails. It is attached to a seemingly legitimate email and when someone opens it, the ransomware will infect your computer. Those emails usually pressure users to open the attachment and are pretty basic. The malicious email containing Lukitus will inform you that the email contains a bill. It provides no information about who might have charged you, nor does it use your name. These are very obvious signs of a ransomware email. Be very careful when opening email attachments and if you were not expecting something, it’s best you leave it alone. And forget about going to the spam section.
How does it affect my computer?
As soon as the ransomware enters your computer, it will initiate the encryption process. It does so quietly so when you notice it, it’s already too late. It will rename all your files and attach the .lukitus extension. Your file names will be all jumbled up and have a combination of numbers and letters, the first 16 of which will be your ID. Once the encryption process is complete, it will drop two files, lukitus.htm and lukitus.bmp, that contain instructions as to how to recover your files. You will need to visit their payment website where you will be asked to obtain 0.49 Bitcoins and transfer it to them. Bitcoin has reached an all time high of around $4300 for one, so 0.49 would equal to around $2100. That is a lot of money to spend on something you might not even get. Cases when victims receive nothing after payment are not rare, so keep that in mind. You would be better off spending a part of that money on reliable backup. So if this were to happen again, you would not need to worry about file loss. If you do have backup, simply delete Lukitus ransomware virus and then recover files.
Lukitus ransomware virus removal
You will need to get anti-malware software to remove Lukitus ransomware virus. Manual Lukitus ransomware virus removal is possible but will be too complex to you. Unfortunately, the anti-malware is not capable of recovering your files, it will only erase Lukitus ransomware virus.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Lukitus ransomware virusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Lukitus ransomware virus. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Lukitus ransomware virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Delete Lukitus ransomware virus using Safe Mode with Networking.
Remove Lukitus ransomware virus from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click on Start and select Shutdown.
- Choose Restart and click OK.
- Start tapping F8 when your PC starts loading.
- Under Advanced Boot Options, choose Safe Mode with Networking.
- Open your browser and download the anti-malware utility.
- Use the utility to remove Lukitus ransomware virus
Remove Lukitus ransomware virus from Windows 8/Windows 10
- On the Windows login screen, press the Power button.
- Tap and hold Shift and select Restart.
- Go to Troubleshoot → Advanced options → Start Settings.
- Choose Enable Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking under Startup Settings.
- Click Restart.
- Open your web browser and download the malware remover.
- Use the software to delete Lukitus ransomware virus
Step 2. Restore Your Files using System Restore
Delete Lukitus ransomware virus from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click Start and choose Shutdown.
- Select Restart and OK
- When your PC starts loading, press F8 repeatedly to open Advanced Boot Options
- Choose Command Prompt from the list.
- Type in cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and press Enter.
- Click Next in the new window and select the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next again and click Yes to begin the system restore.
Delete Lukitus ransomware virus from Windows 8/Windows 10
- Click the Power button on the Windows login screen.
- Press and hold Shift and click Restart.
- Choose Troubleshoot and go to Advanced options.
- Select Command Prompt and click Restart.
- In Command Prompt, input cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and tap Enter again.
- Click Next in the new System Restore window.
- Choose the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next and then click Yes to restore your system.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.