Maktub Ransomware Removal Instructions (Uninstall Maktub Ransomware )
Maktub Ransomware is a yet another malicious infection that uses the AES-256 encryption to corrupt your files and demand that you pay a ransom for them. The parasite is similar to its predecessors such as TeslaCrypt, CryptoWall, TorrentLocker, Locky, and others.
It spreads online in the form of a zip file that can be sent to you in a spam email. It may also enter your PC through freeware bundles, fake ads, corrupted websites, and more. We urge you not to go along with the instructions of the cyber crooks and, instead, delete Maktub Ransomware as soon as possible.
As it has already been mentioned, the infection uses various tricks to enter your system, which is why you should be especially careful while browsing the Web and downloading files onto your PC. Once Maktub Ransomware slithers into your computer, it starts the encryption process. It adds a .NORV extension to all encrypted files. After the encryption is complete, the malware opens a window that contains the ransom note. The note states that the only way to retrieve your data is by purchasing the decryption key within 12 hours. The price of the key may range from 0.5 to 1.5 Bitcoin, which is about 200-620 USD at the moment. We do not recommend transferring your money to cyber crooks as there is no way to be sure that this will result in you getting back your data.
If you have your files backed up, you should not have any difficulty with restoring them yourself. If not, you may want to use one of the file-decryption tools that you can find online. You can also try to recover your data with the Windows Previous Versions feature. Before you do any of that, however, you need to make sure that you eliminate Maktub Ransomware from your PC.
How to remove Maktub Ransomware?
In order to delete Maktub Ransomware completely, you will have to use a powerful anti-malware utility. You can download one from our website. It will perform a system scan and detect all components of the malware. The utility will remove Maktub Ransomware along with other threats that may be present on your computer. In addition to Maktub Ransomware removal, the utility will also safeguard your PC in the future, so you do not have to deal with similar issues again. Before you download the malware remover and terminate Maktub Ransomware, you will have to restart your computer in Safe Mode with Networking. Instructions below can help you with that.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Maktub RansomwareUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Maktub Ransomware. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Maktub Ransomware and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
What is Bitdefender Antivirus Software? Bitdefender is an anti-virus application that provides advanced protection against Internet-based threats. You can choose between Bitdefender Anti-Virus Plus, ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Maktub Ransomware and related programs.
Remove Maktub Ransomware from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Maktub Ransomware from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Maktub Ransomware from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Maktub Ransomware from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Maktub Ransomware or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Maktub Ransomware from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Maktub Ransomware from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Maktub Ransomware from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Maktub Ransomware from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Maktub Ransomware and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.