Maniihome.com Removal Tips (Uninstall Maniihome.com)
Maniihome.com is advertised as a free meta search engine that can provide you with results from the leading Web search providers and databases. Unfortunately, it does not follow through on these promises as the tool simply redirects you to Google, when you try to search the Internet with it. In most cases, computer users find this search engine in their browser after they install some other freeware.
Maniihome.com may enter your system without your notice, which is why it is classified as a browser hijacker. If you wish to go back to your original browser preferences, you will have to remove Maniihome.com.
How does Maniihome.com work?
As it has been mentioned above, the hijacker spreads online in freeware and shareware bundles. It gets access to your computer, when you install free software in the Recommended or Express mode instead of the Advanced or Custom one. If you do not pay attention to the installation wizard, you agree to installing unknown apps without even realizing it. That is not a good idea, because these apps are only aimed at making profit for their creators. The hijacker is no different. It will flood your browsers with different types of ads, cause redirects to its sponsor pages, track your cookies, and more. The main symptom of the unwanted application, however, is the browser settings modification.
Once the hijacker takes over your browsers, it sets your home page and default search provider to Maniihome.com. This site does not look too suspicious as all it contains is a search box and parameters. If you enter a query into the box, you get redirected to Google.com. There is no need for you to go through the hijacker to use Google Search, which makes it completely unnecessary. We advise that you eliminate Maniihome.com from your browsers and fix their settings without delay.
How to remove Maniihome.com?
In order to delete Maniihome.com for good, you will have to choose between manual and automatic removal options. If you choose to delete Maniihome.com manually, you will have to uninstall its related application first. Once you do that, you can move on to fixing your browser settings. Manual Maniihome.com removal instructions are presented below the article. Alternatively, you can implement the anti-malware utility presented on our webpage and clean your system completely. The security software will scan your computer and detect all unwanted files and programs. It will not only terminate Maniihome.com and other issues, but it will also provide your PC with online protection in real time, so that you do not have to worry about similar problems again.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Maniihome.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Maniihome.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Maniihome.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
What is Bitdefender Antivirus Software? Bitdefender is an anti-virus application that provides advanced protection against Internet-based threats. You can choose between Bitdefender Anti-Virus Plus, ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Maniihome.com and related programs.
Remove Maniihome.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Maniihome.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Maniihome.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Maniihome.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Maniihome.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Maniihome.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Maniihome.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Maniihome.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Maniihome.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Maniihome.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.