About MergeDocsNow Toolbar
MergeDocsNow Toolbar is a browser add-on that is advertised as a tool that will help you convert files to different formats. It is also considered to be a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and a browser hijacker. There are two ways it could enter your computer, using free software without you knowing or you chose to install it yourself. Once installed, it will proceed to change your browser’s settings and possibly try to redirect you to sponsored pages.
This is how a hijacker typically acts so there is nothing unusual that MergeDocsNow Toolbar does. It will also encourage you to use a search engine that may insert sponsored pages into the results so that you could be redirected. The biggest issue with this is that it could redirect you to malicious sites where you could end up downloading malware. You should think about MergeDocsNow Toolbar removal because there are other file converting alternatives out there, ones that would not put your computer in danger.
How did MergeDocsNow Toolbar end up on my computer?
When it comes to PUPs, there are two main ways they can infect computers. If you have recently installed free software, MergeDocsNow Toolbar could have been attached to it. If you do not notice those attached items during freeware installation, you will essentially allow them to install alongside. You need to deselect the boxes of those items in Advanced or Custom settings of the freeware installation process. Seeing as MergeDocsNow Toolbar is a legitimate program, you could have downloaded it yourself. Whatever the case may be, we suggest you delete MergeDocsNow Toolbar.
Why should you remove MergeDocsNow Toolbar?
The moment you install the PUP, it will hijack Google Chrome, and possibly other browsers, and change settings. Basically, whenever you open your browser, you will see hp.myway.com loading. It has been set as your homepage, new tabs and search engine. If the PUP installed without your permission, the changes were also carried out without your authorization. They cannot be undone unless you first uninstall MergeDocsNow Toolbar from your device. The provided search engine will insert advertisement websites into the results so that you would be fooled into visiting those sites. The more visitors those sites get, the more money they earn. In short, it generates income by using you but provides nothing of value to you in return. If you delete MergeDocsNow Toolbar, you may also be protecting your computer from harm because the search engine could expose you to malicious content.
MergeDocsNow Toolbar removal
It is up to you to decide if you want to remove MergeDocsNow Toolbar or not but if you choose to listen to our advise, there are two ways you can do it. If you are not very familiar with how computers work, you may want to obtain professional anti-malware software. The program would locate and uninstall MergeDocsNow Toolbar for you. If you feel confident, you can also erase MergeDocsNow Toolbar manually, for which instructions will be provided below this article.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove MergeDocsNow ToolbarUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall MergeDocsNow Toolbar. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like MergeDocsNow Toolbar and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall MergeDocsNow Toolbar and related programs.
Remove MergeDocsNow Toolbar from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall MergeDocsNow Toolbar from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete MergeDocsNow Toolbar from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove MergeDocsNow Toolbar from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for MergeDocsNow Toolbar or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete MergeDocsNow Toolbar from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase MergeDocsNow Toolbar from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove MergeDocsNow Toolbar from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall MergeDocsNow Toolbar from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable MergeDocsNow Toolbar and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.