About MetroWhiz Toolbar
MetroWhiz Toolbar is a dubious browser extension and a browser hijacker that is promoting a suspicious search engine. If you obtained it, whether you did it willingly or not, it will change your browser’s settings and possibly try to redirect you to sponsored content. The reason why a hijacker is on your computer is to try to generate traffic for sponsored sites by redirecting you there. More traffic mean more money for owners. If you happen to notice this hijacker on your system, you need to pay more attention to how you install free programs.
MetroWhiz Toolbar was probably attached to freeware as an additional offer that you could have chosen to not install. While a hijacker will not harm your computer directly, it may be able to redirect you to malicious sites inhabiting malware. This could lead to a serious malware infection so we highly recommend you delete MetroWhiz Toolbar.
How does MetroWhiz Toolbar spread?
Hijackers continue to use the same method to spread as they have been for a long time now. And since users still carelessly install free programs, which allows hijackers to install, there is no need for a more elaborate method. Seeing as hijackers, adware and other possibly unwanted programs are attached to free software, you need to be aware of those attachments and make sure you deselect them. This can be done in Advanced or Custom settings during the freeware installation process. You will see all added offers and will be able to uncheck their boxes, which will prevent installation. Unless you want to regularly have to remove MetroWhiz Toolbar or similar, pay attention to what you install.
Why uninstall MetroWhiz Toolbar?
It is very easy to notice a browser hijacker infection because your browser’s settings will be changed. hp.myway.com will be set as your homepage on all leading browsers, be it Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. If you did not install it willingly, the changes will take you by surprise because you will not be asked to permit these changes. They will also be unchangeable unless you first delete MetroWhiz Toolbar from the system. Your new tabs supposedly allows you to quickly access public transportation schedules and routes but that information is easily accessible using a legitimate search engine. There is no need to use some questionable website. On it, you will also see a search bar that will show you questionable results if you type in a search. It may be aiming to make income by redirecting you to sponsored sites so be careful about what you press on. You could even end up some malware-ridden page, so remove MetroWhiz Toolbar.
MetroWhiz Toolbar removal
You have two options when it comes to MetroWhiz Toolbar removal, manual and automatic way. If you choose the latter, you will need to obtain professional removal software. But since the program will find and uninstall MetroWhiz Toolbar for you, this is the easier way. If you try to erase MetroWhiz Toolbar manually, you will have to find the hijacker yourself.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove MetroWhiz ToolbarUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall MetroWhiz Toolbar. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like MetroWhiz Toolbar and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall MetroWhiz Toolbar and related programs.
Remove MetroWhiz Toolbar from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall MetroWhiz Toolbar from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete MetroWhiz Toolbar from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove MetroWhiz Toolbar from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for MetroWhiz Toolbar or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete MetroWhiz Toolbar from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase MetroWhiz Toolbar from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove MetroWhiz Toolbar from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall MetroWhiz Toolbar from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable MetroWhiz Toolbar and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.