What is Microcosm Tab?
Microcosm Tab (also known as Search.microcosmtab.com) is a browser hijacker that can enter your system together with other free software. It may be promoted as a beneficial utility, but its goal has nothing to do with improving your browsing experience. The app was created to earn revenue through pay-per-click advertising, and nothing more. It achieves this goal by exposing you to various advertisements while you surf the Web. We suggest that you get rid of Microcosm Tab without further hesitation.
How does Microcosm Tab work?
It is most likely that you acquired Microcosm Tab when you were downloading a different piece of software. Installing freeware from third party sources is often tricky, because it involves software bundles. This means that instead of downloading one app, you acquire additional programs that you do not need. Fortunately, you can avoid them by paying more attention to the setup. If you choose the Advanced installation mode, you should be able to deselect all optional components and only install the program of your choice.
Once the unwanted application enters your PC, it starts affecting your browsers. It changes their settings without your permission, including your home page, new tab, and default search engine. In addition to that, the hijacker also causes redirects to its related websites and inserts advertising data into all pages that you open. Browsing the Web becomes a slow and tiring task. Moreover, the ads that you get exposed to are not all safe. You will encounter fake advertisements, dealing with which could result in serious problems like infecting your computer with malicious or potentially unwanted programs, landing on fake shopping sites, downloading bogus software, and more. It is advisible to avoid to all advertisements until you eliminate Microcosm Tab from your browsers.
How to remove Microcosm Tab?
Thankfully, it is not that difficult to erase Microcosm Tab and thus return to regual browsing. You can terminate Microcosm Tab manually or automatically. If you choose the first option, you are welcome to follow the instructions we have prepared on this website. The manual Microcosm Tab removal guide is presented below, and explains how to uninstall Microcosm Tab and fix your modified browser settings. The alternative solution is automatic removal. You can implement the anti-malware utility from our page to scan and clean your PC. The malware remover will detect and eliminate all unwanted components from your system. Additionally, the security application will protect you from other online parasites that you may encounter in the future, so your computer stays safe and infection-free.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Microcosm TabUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Microcosm Tab. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Microcosm Tab and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Microcosm Tab and related programs.
Remove Microcosm Tab from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Microcosm Tab from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Microcosm Tab from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Microcosm Tab from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Microcosm Tab or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Microcosm Tab from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Microcosm Tab from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Microcosm Tab from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Microcosm Tab from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Microcosm Tab and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.