About these scam pop-ups
Microsoft Font Pack Was Not Found Scam pop-ups are bogus alerts claiming that a Microsoft font pack needs to be installed in order to correctly display a website. Users usually browser the Internet as normal and then suddenly get redirected to a weird website with symbols in it. A window then pops up saying a new font is needed. If users press ‘OK’, they could be installing something malicious onto their computer. This is a completely bogus alert, the site is deliberately displaying the weird symbols so that you would install the ‘font’, which would likely be malware.
Those redirects usually happen when users have some kind of adware installed. Adware is a rather minor infection itself, but it can bring about indirect damage by displaying you tech-support or these kinds of scams. You could have picked up the adware when installing some kind of free program. It was attached in a way that allows it to install alongside, and you did not notice. Because you did not see it, you were unable to deselect it, thus it was allowed to install. And now you need to delete Microsoft Font Pack Was Not Found Scam adware.
Why are you redirected to the website?
The redirects are probably caused by an adware infection, which you probably picked up when you were installing some free program. It could have been attached in a way that allows it to install alongside the program. To prevent its installation, you would need to deselect it. To do this, pay attention to how you are installing programs, and pick Advanced or Custom settings. Those settings will make added offers visible, and you will be able to deselect them. Default settings will not allow you to do this, they won’t even show the offers. And you choosing Default settings was probably the reason why you even have the adware in the first place. It’s much easier to just uncheck a few boxes than it would be to later get rid of the infection.
Do you really need the font pack?
The answer to that would be no, you don’t need it, seeing as the whole thing is a trick to make you install some kind of malware. Malware distributors come up with all kinds of methods in order to spread their malicious programs and make money, so you need to be very careful. They could claim that your computer is infected with something and that you urgently need to call ‘tech-support’, or in this case, they would display a broken website and ask you to download a font to display it correctly. If you fall for this and press ‘OK’ or ‘Download’, you’d end up downloading malware.
The whole thing may be done in a very convincing way. You could be browsing as usual, press on something and suddenly end up on site with symbols being displayed instead of the actual site. A window then appears, and it looks like a real Windows window. Looks pretty legitimate, and less-experienced computer users could easily fall for this. However, a simple search using a reliable search engine would help find out if it’s real or not. We don’t recommend installing anything this way. First, look into what you would be installing, and do it from a reliable source, not some random pop-up window.
Microsoft Font Pack Was Not Found Scam removal
To make the redirects stop, you need to uninstall Microsoft Font Pack Was Not Found Scam adware. It may be done in two ways, manually or automatically. The former may be more difficult if you have less experience when it comes to computers. However, you are welcome to use the below provided instructions to help you. You can also opt for elimination via anti-spyware software. Simply obtain a reliable security tool and let it take care of the rest. If you were successful in getting rid of the infection, the redirects should no longer happen.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Microsoft Font Pack Was Not Found ScamUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Microsoft Font Pack Was Not Found Scam. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Microsoft Font Pack Was Not Found Scam and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Microsoft Font Pack Was Not Found Scam and related programs.
Remove Microsoft Font Pack Was Not Found Scam from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Microsoft Font Pack Was Not Found Scam from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Microsoft Font Pack Was Not Found Scam from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Microsoft Font Pack Was Not Found Scam from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Microsoft Font Pack Was Not Found Scam or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Microsoft Font Pack Was Not Found Scam from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Microsoft Font Pack Was Not Found Scam from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Microsoft Font Pack Was Not Found Scam from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Microsoft Font Pack Was Not Found Scam from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Microsoft Font Pack Was Not Found Scam and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.