Mobogenie Removal Tips
Mobogenie can be classified as a potentially unwanted program (PUP) which is mostly used by Android Phone owners. The application itself is legitimate and should not be considered to be an infection. This program can be used on Windows 2003, XP, 7, Vista, and 8, and Android smartphones. The developer of the app is Gamease Age Digital Technology Co., Ltd. The main job of Mobogenie is being an app manager.
This means that it helps users to find and download various applications, wallpapers, games, videos, etc. It can also make it easier to manage your contacts and media. One of the most useful features of it is restoring all data if its user loses his/her phone. So, why is the application sometimes classified as a PUP? That is because users don’t always download it from its official website. Sometimes, Mobogenie can infiltrate your device bundled with other free software. In this case, we advise you to remove Mobogenie because there may be some risks involved.
Why is Mobogenie dangerous?
If you have downloaded the application yourself, you don’t need to worry: it is completely safe to use. It won’t display any annoying third-party ads, which is very rare in regard to free programs. Also, it does not make any changes to your default browser. However, if the program came without your permission, it is necessary to delete Mobogenie now. You see, in this way, it brings a lot of potentially unwanted programs that can include adware, browser hijackers, and malware. You may notice some third-party advertisements displayed on your screen, or experience redirections while browsing. That is why it is important to uninstall Mobogenie if you didn’t install it by yourself.
How did I get infected with Mobogenie?
As it was mentioned before, the application can be downloaded from its official pages http://www.mobogenie.com and http://www.mobogenie.com/landingpage/android-manager-ggs.html. In this case, you should not worry about your virtual safety. If you noticed the program without having downloaded it by yourself, this can mean trouble. When the PUP comes in freeware and shareware bundles, it comes not alone. You may have some other applications installed on your PC, like SecretSauce or WebDownload. It is very important to be careful during any freeware installation process and read everything provided on the Installation Wizard. However, sometimes not all programs are listed or possible to decline, so it is better to avoid suspicious pages altogether.
How to remove Mobogenie from my PC?
When you try to delete Mobogenie manually (the version that came in a bundle), there may be some files left, for example, nengine.dll. This means that the best way of Mobogenie removal is doing it automatically. You should use a reliable anti-malware and anti-spyware tool to delete everything that may harm you and your computer. There may be many PUPs on your PC, and a good spyware removal application will find and eliminate everything.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove MobogenieUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Mobogenie. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Mobogenie and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Mobogenie and related programs.
Remove Mobogenie from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Mobogenie from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Mobogenie from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Mobogenie from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Mobogenie or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Mobogenie from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Mobogenie from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Mobogenie from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Mobogenie from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Mobogenie and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.