Motitags Toolbar Removal Guide (Uninstall Motitags Toolbar)
Motitags Toolbar is a browser plugin that is promoted at motitags.com. It is compatible with all major web browsers, however, you need to install it separately on each of them. The add-on was created by Mindspark Interactive Network, which is a company that has released a variety of similar applications. Motitags Toolbar is promoted as a utility that can provide you with various emoticons on your new tab page.
The smileys can be added to your Gmail, Outlook, AOl and other emails as well as your social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, Blogger, and more. These features may seem useful to some computer users, however, you should know that the program also has certain drawbacks. After you read this article, you may decide to delete Motitags Toolbar from your PC.
How does Motitags Toolbar work?
Motitags Toolbar can be downloaded from its official page or acquired at Chrome Web Store. If you check the reviews in the Chrome Web Store, you will see that most of them are negative. By installing the application, you automatically agree to its terms and conditions. In this case, it includes allowing it to read and change your browsing history as well as all your data on your visited pages, and manage your downloads, extensions, apps, and themes. After the installation is complete, the toolbar is added to your browser. It contains such buttons as Add emoticons, Send emails, and others.
Another change that the application makes is the modification of your browser settings. Your home page and default search provider are replaced with home.tb.ask.com and search.tb.ask.com respectively. Your new home page contains links to popular sites like Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, Instagram, and more. As for your new search engine, it will show you results that include sponsored ads and links. We do not recommend clicking on the commercial data brought to you by the application, because some of it may be unsafe. If you do not want to take any unnecessary risks, you should terminate Motitags Toolbar without delay.
How to remove Motitags Toolbar?
You can erase Motitags Toolbar manually or automatically. If you choose manual removal, you will have to uninstall it from your PC and browser extensions. In case your home page and search engine were altered, you will also need to restore them. You will find detailed instructions on how to complete all of these tasks below the article. Alternatively, you can download the anti-malware application presented on our page and remove Motitags Toolbar automatically. The malware prevention and removal tool will scan your computer and find all potential threats. You will then be able to use it to delete Motitags Toolbar. In addition to Motitags Toolbar removal, the security utility will also ensure that your system stays safeguarded in the future by providing you with real-time online protection.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Motitags ToolbarUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Motitags Toolbar. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Motitags Toolbar and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Motitags Toolbar and related programs.
Remove Motitags Toolbar from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Motitags Toolbar from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Motitags Toolbar from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Motitags Toolbar from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Motitags Toolbar or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Motitags Toolbar from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Motitags Toolbar from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Motitags Toolbar from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Motitags Toolbar from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Motitags Toolbar and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.