What is MoviesApp Search?
MoviesApp Search can be categorized as adware and it also acts as a browser hijacker. The program is supposed to provide you with information related to film industry, however, its main goal is to earn revenue for its owners. That is why the app hijacks your browser settings, exposes you to ads, causes redirects, and more. Adware affects all web browsers. It may not be the most dangerous threat, but that does not mean that you should tolerate it either. We advise that you get rid of MoviesApp Search as soon as you can.
How does MoviesApp Search work?
It is not very likely that you acquired MoviesApp Search on purpose, because the app uses the bundling distribution method, which is meant to mislead computer users. Fortunately, you can avoid dealing with potentially unwanted apps by paying careful attention to the ftreeware installation process. If you decline all additional offers in the setup, you should be able to only acquire the software that you actually need.
Once inside, the application starts affecting your browsers and your computer. Your PC starts working slower than usual, while your browser settings get modified without your permission. The app replaces your home page and default search with Eanswers.com. In addition to that, it also starts injecting advertisements into your browsers. They appear on your screen each time you surf the Internet. The trouble is that these adverts are not verified by the application, so you cannot know for sure whether or not they are trustworthy. The best solution is to avoid all ads until you terminate MoviesApp Search, because clicking on a fake ad even by accident could result in serious problems like malware infections, money losses, identity theft, and so on. There is no reason to take such risks by keeping a not-so-useful app installed on your computer.
How to remove MoviesApp Search?
It is not that difficult to uninstall MoviesApp Search from your PC, however, you should know that potentially unwanted apps rarely travel alone. You could have other adware in your system, which is why we suggest that you implement the free scanner from our website. It will detect all unreliable components. If you decide to use the full version of the anti-malware tool, you will be able to erase MoviesApp Search and other potential threats automatically. After MoviesApp Search removal is complete, the utility will also stay beneficial to you as it comes with malware prevention capabilities. The alternative solution is to delete MoviesApp Search manually. You are welcome to follow the instructions provided below that explain how to uninstall the unwanted app and reset your browsers.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove MoviesApp SearchUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall MoviesApp Search. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like MoviesApp Search and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall MoviesApp Search and related programs.
Remove MoviesApp Search from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall MoviesApp Search from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete MoviesApp Search from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove MoviesApp Search from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for MoviesApp Search or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete MoviesApp Search from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase MoviesApp Search from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove MoviesApp Search from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall MoviesApp Search from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable MoviesApp Search and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.